One Pass For Medium Size Tractor

Rebelman

Any recommendations for a not too heavy one pass? Tractor is a New Holland 7840 planting about 100 acres. Thanks.

Has the 7840 got a single or twin assistor rams?

You might be able to get away with a power harrow with a smaller packer roller. @jd-baz might be able to advise if a Lely combi would work

We used a MF 30 with a made up goose neck onto a Mashio power harrow before we had a tractor big enough to lift a combi, a 7840 should be capable of lifting a few more options. Our 8340 easily manages our Amazone box drill combi which wouldn’t be the lightest.

Profi asked an important question above.

It depends on your cropping mix too, if you are spring cereals a spring tine combination would work like Daniel suggested but if any winter sowing I'd strongly suggest a power harrow (I know it's easy to think it won't be needed looking out this year!!l)

You don't need to go wild filling the box to the brim and I think a set of duals on the back would serve you well or front press.

You just need to be realistic about what you will be doing.

We used a MF 30 with a made up goose neck onto a Mashio power harrow before we had a tractor big enough to lift a combi, a 7840 should be capable of lifting a few more options. Our 8340 easily manages our Amazone box drill combi which wouldn’t be the lightest.

Looked into doing something similar, thought it would be way too complicated Plus the rotavator is slightly wider than the drill.

Thanks for all the advice lads- mix of Winter and Spring. Would definitely want a power harrow. Sulky looks reasonably light option.

You wouldn't have a picture of that gooseneck hitch would you?. I've often wondered about pulling the drill along behind the power harrow to cut down on the driving.

You wouldn't have a picture of that gooseneck hitch would you?. I've often wondered about pulling the drill along behind the power harrow to cut down on the driving.
There's a customer of mine from Kilkenny whose neighbour has a bridge link for a mf30 drill and asked me if I'd any interest in it and would be sold for a donation. Problem is I can't remember which customer it was, and I wouldn't have a contact number for him either.
Pop a wanted ad on DD and he might resurface. Have sold a good few bridge links over the years and they seem to be successful if not a bit far back.

Quite the opposite, very simple to make up, ours was a 2.4m drill on a 3m power harrow, just remove the two outside tines and that made it till the width of the drill.

Simple idea alright! I'd be afraid of unbalancing the rotavator shaft doing that though.

The simplest one I've seen was in a Fleet Profile in Classic Tractor recently. The owners had made it using a ball hitch from a car.

As MF30 says the biggest issue is the length back as you need to allow enough clearance for the harrow to clear the drill when at 90 degrees to it. So that's at least 6ft. Plus the added complexity of it being near impossible to see the tramlining wheel that far back.

I run a Lely -Vicon combination on a 7840 lifts it no bother with two assister cylinders. No front press at the minute have to sort out the frame . 6 weights and loader bra kets hpld it down.

I know nothing about these but this looks very clean and probably a good bit lighter than the equivalent Accord / Kuhn/Farmforce etc setup.

https://www.donedeal.ie/harrows-for-sale/onepass-3m-kongsklide/24350155

MTJjNjAwNWYyNjAyNWU4NTcyMWVjMzU2MzJmNDQ2Nja-WVLFnmNTVMZFDPdgD0aPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDMwOTk0ODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Are the days of older Kuhn 3002 or Rabe power harrows with a plain simple Accord DA drill being in a dealers yard gone?

Every combi I see is much newer with a price tag to more than match IMV. And sadly with most at 12k plus that's outside my ideal budget.

I've looked at several power harrows too and everyone had leaking seals which is a great start....

I'm not drilling huge acres but as with most machines clean genuine machines even with age are preferred.

I'm pretty much convinced that an Accord is the way I want to go rather than a box drill.

It’s one of those things that if it’s working well you keep it till it dies.

A farm sale would be the best place or fit an Accord to a tidy ph.

Are the days of older Kuhn 3002 or Rabe power harrows with a plain simple Accord DA drill being in a dealers yard gone?

Every combi I see is much newer with a price tag to more than match IMV. And sadly with most at 12k plus that's outside my ideal budget.

I've looked at several power harrows too and everyone had leaking seals which is a great start....

I'm not drilling huge acres but as with most machines clean genuine machines even with age are preferred.

I'm pretty much convinced that an Accord is the way I want to go rather than a box drill.
Get one rebuild by Andrew guest. Same as new.

I seen this drill advertised on the Portlaoise auctions facebook page. I was bidding online and it was just purely luck that I was the winning bidder as there was plenty of interest in the machine. I brought it home and sowed the spring wheat with it the week after without any hassle. Theres no power harrow under it but so far I have sown after the disk on ploughed and unploughed ground. Finding a power harrow thats affordable and reliable would complete the outfit but theres no panic just yet on that.
Screenshot_20210403-222815.jpg

I seen this drill advertised on the Portlaoise auctions facebook page. I was bidding online and it was just purely luck that I was the winning bidder as there was plenty of interest in the machine. I brought it home and sowed the spring wheat with it the week after without any hassle. Theres no power harrow under it but so far I have sown after the disk on ploughed and unploughed ground. Finding a power harrow thats affordable and reliable would complete the outfit but theres no panic just yet on that.
View attachment 98591

I remember looking at that one on Facebook to and was thinking it was a tidy looking drill

View attachment 98591

That's a lovely outfit Peter. Well wear. Mid 00's machine I imagine?

I like the winter crops from a risk and work spreading point of view as well as returns, otherwise something like that would be ideal.

Back