Trimble GPS unable to lock signal

towbar

Changes in the GPS satellites used for transmitting EGNOS signal correction information means some of the older Trimble GPS's are having problems getting a corrected signal. Trimble have released a firmware update for EZGuide 250 and 500 which seems to address the issue. Officially available only from dealers but a guy on TFF kindly posted it here and I can confirm it worked for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzrk5vzf5z8bv6b/EZGuide_250_500_Software.zip?dl=0

Changes in the GPS satellites used for transmitting EGNOS signal correction information means some of the older Trimble GPS's are having problems getting a corrected signal. Trimble have released a firmware update for EZGuide 250 and 500 which seems to address the issue. Officially available only from dealers but a guy on TFF kindly posted it here and I can confirm it worked for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzrk5vzf5z8bv6b/EZGuide_250_500_Software.zip?dl=0
Thanks for that, was driven mad on Friday waiting for it to lock signal. Eventually dropped from accuracy to availability and it picked up signal then changed back!

Extract the files from the zip and copy the English img file for whichever model you have to the usb

I,v a Raven Enviso and 2 ancient Patchworks, the ones using a Garmin palm held they seem to be working ok ,just wondering if I,m missing something baring in mind I,m in South West Scotland?

Ha ,spoke too soon just checked Envizo , no differential ,Blackbox showing an accuracy figure of 5.8 feet .​

No but I believe 750 firmware has being released also but not sure if its on public download or dealer only

Had the same problem a few weeks ago. I use it for coverage mapping while one passing.. Had 9 satellites available and no coverage. Clock in the drill is wrong as well it said I was sowing at 50k at one stage..

A friend has an EZ guide 250 here and it is saying no gps position or cannot set A low gps quality when we try set AB line. Is it just an update thats needed or something else?
741BED41-D9E0-4D28-9265-1F06AF397A58.jpeg
D1D33FCF-5836-4862-A6D6-88DC51E536A2.jpeg
AA7FCBA0-1665-47F9-9496-A60FB86AE72C.jpeg
31E4C800-48BF-41B2-85FC-95454E099539.jpeg

All the info you need is here. You probably can find the firmware just by google. Try find it in a non zip form. The reciever will detect the software and should start the update automatically

All the info you need is here. You probably can find the firmware just by google. Try find it in a non zip form. The reciever will detect the software and should start the update automatically
Do i just plug in a usb to a laptop to download it or do i plug in d gps unit?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yeXq5JPJMDccQc2uYLKPPvev9_2NOmRx/view

you need to download this file, unzip it and put it on a usb stick. i had to try a few to find one that worked with my ez 500, to the point that i have to try my current usb a few times before it works. if its done right the 250 will read the firware and ask do you want to upgrade
Thanks sorry for more questions now but will any usb stick do d job? I have a few here i can wipe everything else off of for d job

Thanks sorry for more questions now but will any usb stick do d job? I have a few here i can wipe everything else off of for d job
google "trimble ez guide 250 manual" and the manual will talk you trew it. Usbs need to be formatted to fat/fat32. It's hard to explain.

All trimble units need to get an update to work this year. The reps nunber is 086 703 0577. They come out and upgrade for you in your own yard. Well they did for me anyway.

My old tomtom satnav has reached end of life apparently due to this
Screenshot 2019-04-30 20.33.56.png

Your Trimble is probably being affected by the same thing.

All trimble units need to get an update to work this year. The reps nunber is 086 703 0577. They come out and upgrade for you in your own yard. Well they did for me anyway.
The Teejet man was around a few weeks ago .I think it was April the 12th was the satellite bumping day .

Back