ford 4600 4wd

Markmex

Hello all, I bought this tractor a while back and meant to put up a few pictures but with one thing and another I'm only getting around to doing a few jobs with it now. It has a very sweet engine but had a few issues, one being the sump was filling with diesel at a rapid rate, turned out to be the seal on the shaft on the injector pump so a simple fix. There are a few issues with the front axle too, it's a carraro unit and I'll hopefully get that sorted shortly, also have a bad power steeringleak but it seems to be just a cracked pipe. It also needs a bit of tidying to the wiring and the correct rear wheels to be fitted. On the plus side it drives well and the cab is very good except for the doors. I don't plan to do a big resto job, just plan to get her driving and working correctly and a bit of a tidy up. Still unsure whether I'll keep her or sell her.20180722_173528.jpg 20180722_173544.jpg 20180726_203116.jpg 20180821_185305.jpg

Hello all, I bought this tractor a while back and meant to put up a few pictures but with one thing and another I'm only getting around to doing a few jobs with it now. It has a very sweet engine but had a few issues, one being the sump was filling with diesel at a rapid rate, turned out to be the seal on the shaft on the injector pump so a simple fix. There are a few issues with the front axle too, it's a carraro unit and I'll hopefully get that sorted shortly, also have a bad power steeringleak but it seems to be just a cracked pipe. It also needs a bit of tidying to the wiring and the correct rear wheels to be fitted. On the plus side it drives well and the cab is very good except for the doors. I don't plan to do a big resto job, just plan to get her driving and working correctly and a bit of a tidy up. Still unsure whether I'll keep her or sell her.View attachment 60831 View attachment 60832 View attachment 60833 View attachment 60834

A rare enough tractor you have there, Mark.

What's the AP cabbed Ford , a 5610 or 6610 ?

Oooh lovely machine there I think the proportions on them are really right
They look well alright, the cab looks more in proportion than on the 2wd 4600. I've seen a few pics of them on the Internet and with the correct 36 inch rims on the back and bigger tires on the front, the ones on mine are incorrect, they do look well.

13.6 r36 would be right. Think the front ones on it might be right as well.one local here used for ploughing matches
I think the fronts are a wee bit small, they are 8.3 x 24, I think from the plate they should be 9 or 10 x 24. But you are right, they def don't have very big front wheels.

Back