Brexit

Yes said closing the factory in 3 year time but nothing to do with brexshit

Honda have not yet made a statement, but the pro Brexit Tory MP where the factory is located said it’s not brexit related.

Mmmmm

None of this should be a surprise. After all Patrick Minford, leave means leave chief economist said brexit would end car manufacturing and agriculture in the uk.

Looks like he’s not wrong !

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1042393177389506560

Last edited:

I initially thought that was overdubbed because it was such a poor copy and the audio doesn't quite match the picture, but further investigation suggests that this is not the case.

It is however a very short clip taken out of context, so we don't really know if it's an accurate representation of the speaker's intent.

To give some context, Guy Verhofstadt was formerly the prime minister of Belgium, where his decentralising reforms led directly to a small region of 4 million people (the Waloons) coming close to vetoing a treaty that applied to the whole EU because they had concerns about it's impact on their producers.

This is what's know as democracy, or sovereignty in action. It's a clear example of the EU respecting the autonomy of individual nation states or regions. and actions tend to speak louder than words, in my book.

Last edited:
7 is not enough for Corbyn to be rattled though. Reading through some details on each of the seven and it strikes me that Corbyn will be happy to see the back of them!

depends to what degree they are a stalking horse for more to leave, there are credible suggestions that up to 50 are considering it, but some have held back because tom Watson has assured them that there's still a chance to force change from within. how corbyn reacts to brexit over the next 10 days of so will be critical to whether more follow them.

i was going to dig out a clip of a youtuber how was at the European parliament while they were voting on artical 13 unfortunately i cant find it or at least the part i was looking for .
anyway they were speaking to mep's on there way into vote and none of them had any idea what artical 13 was even though they were just about to vote it through , some of them thought they were voting on something else and others were just voting it through because there aids told them to . so basicly there there just to tick a box and draw a wage , there passing that many laws and rules every week they dont bother reading through them all .
and from what i remember this is one of the reasons boris was keen on brexit , his father was an mep , and he got to see first hand the shyte that went on there

I can't really comment on a video i haven't seen, but you tube videos are not usually known for their accuracy or lack of bias, how do you know that video most likely created to promote someone's own agenda gives an accurate representation of what actually happened?

As for boris, why does anyone put any store in what this proven liar says?

Boris wrote two columns before announcing support for brexit, one for remain and one for leave, he's said to have decided which to publish on the toss of a coin. That's the level of the sincerity of his commitment to this issue.

I sincerely hope this is not the UK's idea to put Ireland over a barrel on the backstop issue by using us as a pawn to persuade Europe :scratchhead:

Looking at a few different newspapers this morning, it looks like that's exactly the UK's idea. If they go through with it, they are also going to sacrifice all of their own farmers future's as well. It's like cutting off your foot to cure an ingrown toenail.

Well, in my opinion that’s the Brexit delayed/can kicked down the road.

If Tory ministers are now saying that they’ll vote against a hard Brexit then that’s TM’s only bargaining chip eroded away.

If a hard Brexit is now much less likely to happen (in my opinion), then the EU have less to be worried about and don’t have to accommodate any changes to the deal.

If a few ministers start voting against a hard Brexit (in the National interest), many more will likely follow for moral and fear reasons.

Corbyn becomes even more isolated....

what do you mean sence?
democracy is dead now
the vote was in or out
not lets string this along and really fuck it up and please no one

The only alternative is no deal. This will not only play havoc with the British economy but the Irish one as well.

The time for arguing that brexit is in the best interests of Britain is gone. At this point its about damage control.

Britain wants to have its cake and eat it. If you could have all the economic and trade benefits of the EU without the social and fiscal responsibilities that come with it, then the EU would cease to exist.

Nigel Farage argued against undemocratically elected officials, forgetting the monarchy in his own country.

The EU is far from perfect, and I make no bones about it that it is in need of reform. But the alternative is a shite side worse. If your toe is infected, you take antibiotics, you don't chop off your leg.

Last edited:
The only alternative is no deal. This will not only play havoc with the British economy but the Irish one as well.

The time for arguing that brexit is in the best interests of Britain is gone. At this point its about damage control.

Britain wants to have its cake and eat it. If you could have all the economic and trade benefits of the EU without the social and fiscal responsibilities that come with it, then the EU would cease to exist.

Nigel Farage argued against undemocratically elected officials, forgetting the monarchy in his own country.

The EU is far from perfect, and I make no bones about it that it is in need of reform. But the alternative is a shite side worse. If your toe is infected, you take antibiotics, you don't chop off your leg.
the best thing for britain is for treason may to implement what was voted for!

i dont have much time for the royals either but thats another debate

its only the 4 reich fussing about the hard border in ireland,,how many hard borders are on switzerland?

the best thing for britain is for treason may to implement what was voted for!

i dont have much time for the royals either but thats another debate

its only the 4 reich fussing about the hard border in ireland,,how many hard borders are on switzerland?
Exactly, the royals have no executive power, in the EU all the executive power lies with unelected, unanswerable officials. Who voted for the EU and the Arab League to have a summit in Egypt a few days ago, for the EU to have a foreign minister to speak on all our behalves as a sovereign state, and for them to agree to improved migration ties with the Arab world? All in our name and I can't imagine many people know what they are doing and fewer still want it. At the same meeting our own Leo announced that the Isis fighter who was previously granted Irish citizenship will be allowed return and will retain his Irish citizenship. He who is silent is taken to agree.

Back