Spring beans

Tame contractor new toy sowing some beans for me today

This is the year to sow beans....

Excellent forward prices, reduced area which will most likely result in increased protein aid and good sowing date.

If I had land in the right rotation, I’d be sowing this week.

Bog Man, have you the spuds sown as well!!! Or were you recruiting for a drill operator?

You must be a good month earlier sowing this year?

Anyone else sowing beans today.Remind me next year to roll the covers in a frost.
90 %of the crop was okay but 10% was causing problems with drags . We are unlikely to be able to roll the beans .
Our thoughts now turn to pre emergence Herbicides. Cheap and cheerful and rely on Basagran and a hot day to clear up volunteer rape. I have heard of people using Stomp for cheap.
349D8F21-73E1-407F-A79E-97CF995CEDF8.jpeg 53E5D8C2-0CE1-4670-87AB-D8E3EF0B8B69.png

n

Anyone else sowing beans today.Remind me next year to roll the covers in a frost.
90 %of the crop was okay but 10% was causing problems with drags . We are unlikely to be able to roll the beans .
Our thoughts now turn to pre emergence Herbicides. Cheap and cheerful and rely on Basagran and a hot day to clear up volunteer rape. I have heard of people using Stomp for cheap.
View attachment 63284 View attachment 63285

n
I was talking to a rep from a merchant that handels a lot of beans and he told me that there is very little interest in growing beans this year. Why would that be, I know they yielded poorly last year but so did a lot of other crops.

I was talking to a rep from a merchant that handels a lot of beans and he told me that there is very little interest in growing beans this year. Why would that be, I know they yielded poorly last year but so did a lot of other crops.
Lads looking for straw money maybe. Should be a high protein payment this year if area is down

No major need for another break crop between rape, oats, maize, beet and beans there is plenty, profitability, Late harvest fear, yields too variable, lots of reasons from what I can see.
@Bog Man how about 4 liters of a generic defy maybe, €13 an acre?

View attachment 63284 View attachment 63285

n
Stomp Aqua has an off label clearance for beans at full rate, 2.9L/ha.
I just had to check with A. B. before I posted here.

small bit of twine on it..............................................................................................................................................
A 22 year old that was driving the tractor wondered where the twine came from. Last yard of cattle was the year he was born .

It's good to see that I was setting new standards in tillage farming and being progressive by buying one last year. :Whistle2:

Tines look fairly decent on it too Bog Man. Was it lying up long?

It's good to see that I was setting new standards in tillage farming and being progressive by buying one last year. :Whistle2:

Tines look fairly decent on it too Bog Man. Was it lying up long?

I actually unloaded it from aTruck for a neighbor about 10 years ago and his son built a house in half of the Garden so he has downsized the vegetable area . . He has a Massey 65 that he has sold but cannot get it out till he chops down a tree or knockdown a shed . It could be lifted over a hedge into our field.

Back