How does this work

lough

20190305_071616.jpg

The fitting on the left is to screw into the fitting on the right but how do you tighten it as the fitting on the right is round and there is nowhere to grip it with a spanner.

There was a fitting on the side with the exposed threads and when I went to unscrew it the two pieces came apart like they are in the photo. Should I send them back

Last edited:
View attachment 63664

The fitting on the left is to screw into the fitting on the right but how do you tighten it as the fitting on the right is round and there is nowhere to grip it with a spanner.

There was a fitting on the side with the exposed threads and when I went to unscrew it the two pieces came apart like they are in the photo. Should I send them back

Put the piece on right into a vice with soft jaws or use timber to hold it while you squeeze the piece on left with spanner.

Screw the left fitting in hand tight then screw the right fitting in hand tight
Use spanner on left fitting,when middle joint is tight the right joint will tighten

+1, This is what I would do

How do I take the fitting on the right of the middle fitting without undoing the left fitting. That's what I was doing when that happened, it is only a new fitting and that was the first time I was taking it of, it's a screw on quick release coupling

Is that one of QTP's ones for Ford/NH? Don't they have a special tool for installing them?

They're not QTP's, I'm going to ring the manufacturer tomorrow to see if I can find out any more info on them. The guy that ordered them for me never saw or heard of them before I looked for them so it is all new to him as well.

Back