Trailed furrow press

Got a rabe press arm, double ring press and following breaker rings here if you intrested. I only use press as front press / balast on one pass, so could be tempted to trade for a front press with steering if you tempted to plough and trail.
When you pulling all three rings the seed bed is prepared in one pass, could drill with a mf30 in most soils.

Hi Carrick, what width is your press. I'm using 5f vari-width. Ploughing and pressing is something I am interested in or if anyone here has any idea where I might get my hands on one? Thanks.

Hi Carrick, what width is your press. I'm using 5f vari-width. Ploughing and pressing is something I am interested in or if anyone here has any idea where I might get my hands on one? Thanks.

I have a feeling Brocks in Essex had one advertised lately, might be worth having a look at their website.

Mike Roche would definitely be worth a call, he's a big fan of pressing on his own land. When I enquired, he only had one hydraulic release arm and it was for his own use and he wasn't parting with it! Definitely choose an arm with hydraulic release as opposed to the older manual type.

As Nash mentioned, arms and presses should be available in UK.brocks, Ellis and the likes should have them. Do a search as they can pop up on the likes of agrilinc, agriaffaires etc.

The arm may not fit straight onto your plough though, brackets etc may be required.

The press with the plough has been transformative for us. Will never plough without one again id say.

Thanks John, Nash. Had a look on Ellis website a while ago and he had a few but now I have time to investigate, they have changed their website and doesn't seem so user friendly. Brock does have one Nashmash, would seem to fit the bill. Some of the autumn sowing was into fluffy seedbeds, although I'm not sure I will take it on hire ploughing.

Good few presses for sale on eBay. The Lemken ones are good as you can bolt on extra rings to extend the working width

My press covers only 4 x 14" scores so wont be of any use to you, dont know if the press arm would fit either.

Thanks John, Nash. Had a look on Ellis website a while ago and he had a few but now I have time to investigate, they have changed their website and doesn't seem so user friendly. Brock does have one Nashmash, would seem to fit the bill. Some of the autumn sowing was into fluffy seedbeds, although I'm not sure I will take it on hire ploughing.

select ploughs scroll to bottom of page and you'll see plough presses although they don't list any atm

What are single presses like?

https://www.donedeal.ie/rollers-for-sale/furrow-press/20969924

MTI4MDc2ZjM3OTE2MzlkMjQ3Y2QwZGVhMGFjYTM3NjYsqeL_vz0BeiKyWqPtHJl8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTc3NTAzMTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Have a 4m one here and there is a very noticeable difference traveling on ground that’s being pressed. It’s also deceiving what it takes to pull what looks just like a roller!!. We pull it behind a disc and then drop for headlands, it’s like the tractor just got a new life!!.

Now that said I don’t see a need for ours now that we plan to use the ring roller with paddles on ploughing so must stick it up on dd.

Have a 4m one here and there is a very noticeable difference traveling on ground that’s being pressed. It’s also deceiving what it takes to pull what looks just like a roller!!. We pull it behind a disc and then drop for headlands, it’s like the tractor just got a new life!!.

Now that said I don’t see a need for ours now that we plan to use the ring roller with paddles on ploughing so must stick it up on dd.

They could really do with a levelling board or tines on the front to help with levelling I think.

I don't know about you lads but, in spring crops around here we try to open the ground to dry it out. There's a slim line between pressing and compacting.

I don't know about you lads but, in spring crops around here we try to open the ground to dry it out. There's a slim line between pressing and compacting.

But what do you use for doing that, nearly all machines used now have some sort of a consolidating element whether it's a packer roller on a power harrow, crumbler on a Triple K or a cage roller on a rotavator or disc harrow.

But what do you use for doing that, nearly all machines used now have some sort of a consolidating element whether it's a packer roller on a power harrow, crumbler on a Triple K or a cage roller on a rotavator or disc harrow.

A triple K with the crumblers thrown away and a set of straight tines on the frames.
Soil in spring is like grass, you have to move it to dry it. As soon as it whitens up, then hit it again.
Even if it rained on harrowed/opened ground, it would dry again very fast.

A triple K with the crumblers thrown away and a set of straight tines on the frames.
Soil in spring is like grass, you have to move it to dry it. As soon as it whitens up, then hit it again.
Even if it rained on harrowed/opened ground, it would dry again very fast.

It is harder to level ground after that then though. A crumbler / packer is also useful for breaking up clods in the seedbed in particular if it's forced down rather than free floating.

I’d find it very hard to move away from this plough plus furrow press system. If we were farming more land then I’d just get a bigger version of both.

Done in one pass with no wheel tracks or compaction.

68593349-0156-47AA-BD8F-E61C9E1CBFF0.jpeg

One run of a powerharrow drill combination and we can have this unless it’s a particularly cranky piece of ground.

Fine on top and firm underneath. Perfect in my book.

B2D7A5A4-9A09-4C3A-AB8F-4D0C8322CCFB.jpeg

Beautiful soil you have there.
On my side we are battling clay, which If left to dry out too much will be impossible to break and if tilled and pressed too early will turn to concrete.
Cork county has the most diverse range of soils you could ever dream up, even in the same field.

Back