Car Tyres

Toyota corolla user here, car is changed every 3-4 years and usually one tyre change in that time, Michelin are the OE tyre and have replaced with same doing about 60,000 km per set, last time out the replacements were the worst Michelin ever as they were always dropping pressure as if they were slightly porous but would show no leaks when tested, will be going with Goodyears when the current car needs a new set, it's Michelins are currently at 43,000km.

I've a golf and can't keep tyres under the front of it, but it dont matter if tyres are premium or cheap they dont last.
Michellin - 15000km
Infinity - 22000km
Continental - 17000km
Currently on Bf goodrich 21000km done and about 50% left.

I go with budget on the octavia vrs. There are so many potholes here during winter that I can honestly say I have never worn out a set of tyres despite having put 150k on it. I bought it with a new set of dunlops on.

I've a golf and can't keep tyres under the front of it, but it dont matter if tyres are premium or cheap they dont last.
Michellin - 15000km
Infinity - 22000km
Continental - 17000km
Currently on Bf goodrich 21000km done and about 50% left.
Got over 20k miles out of a set of Toyo proxies T-1R’s (known to be soft enough on wear but grippy) on the front of the mk6 and the rears are still near 50% at that but I never bothered swapping them. I’d have got more out of the fronts but I think I was running them a bit softer than they needed, the edges were gone but the centres were reasonable. Have firestone firekawks on the front now. I had a full set of them on the mk4 arl 150 and think I swapped them around 18k and they were still on it when I shifted it with heading for 30k miles on the set.

It’s funny I don’t like Firestone’s on tractors at all but get on well with them on the car, seem to grip well right the way through, are good in the wet and last well too.

a heavy foot in a front wheel drive car will burn them off.

Yep, Its all down to the way you drive, Wifes car has done 38000 miles and still 3mm on all tyres.
Don't think I have ever reached 20000 in any of my cars:rolleyes2:

Work car here is leased through leaseplan in Dublin.

I’m sure some of it is down to pricing but they only use Goodyear/Dunlop (seem to be the same company) on all their cars and this has been the case with a number of years.
They keep a very close eye on mileages (for obvious reasons) but it’s a sign that they can’t be a bad brand.

I put on new winter/all-season tyres on the van, Michelin Agilis Crossclimate.
20191205_164629.jpg
20191205_164603.jpg
I had bought winter tyres for it last year, but they were very disappointing, only after investigating what to replace them with did I find out that they were not a van tyre and not up to the weight. The tyre man was poor enough about it and was only willing to give me 50% of the purchase price for the tyres, even though they only have under 5,000km on them and he supplied them.
20191205_162117.jpg
20191205_162130.jpg
20191205_162108.jpg
20191205_162115.jpg
20191205_162055.jpg
20191205_162101.jpg

I am putting them on done deal tomorrow, he may well wish he was a bit more willing to take responsibility for the mistake.
Anyone on here looking for a set of almost new 215/65/16's SUV All weather tyres, going cheap?

I put on new winter/all-season tyres on the van, Michelin Agilis Crossclimate.View attachment 72293 View attachment 72294I had bought winter tyres for it last year, but they were very disappointing, only after investigating what to replace them with did I find out that they were not a van tyre and not up to the weight. The tyre man was poor enough about it and was only willing to give me 50% of the purchase price for the tyres, even though they only have under 5,000km on them and he supplied them.
View attachment 72295 View attachment 72296 View attachment 72297 View attachment 72298 View attachment 72299 View attachment 72300
I am putting them on done deal tomorrow, he may well wish he was a bit more willing to take responsibility for the mistake.
Anyone on here looking for a set of almost new 215/65/16's SUV All weather tyres, going cheap?

Like that I have been surprised on more than one occasion on the poor advise and sometimes incorrect information I’ve been given in some very established and well know tyre places.

I put on new winter/all-season tyres on the van, Michelin Agilis Crossclimate.View attachment 72293 View attachment 72294I had bought winter tyres for it last year, but they were very disappointing, only after investigating what to replace them with did I find out that they were not a van tyre and not up to the weight. The tyre man was poor enough about it and was only willing to give me 50% of the purchase price for the tyres, even though they only have under 5,000km on them and he supplied them.
View attachment 72295 View attachment 72296 View attachment 72297 View attachment 72298 View attachment 72299 View attachment 72300
Hope we don't get the weather you're expecting! I would have expected him to fit tyres with a load rating of 114T, not sure of what sort of van it is though?

What's the load rating on them? Sorry what are you swapping and selling, I'm confused

What's the load rating on them? Sorry what are you swapping and selling, I'm confused
They are load rated 102V, the van should be 106T.
I took off the 102 rated tyres and I am going to try to sell them on done deal and replaced them with 107/9T rated tyres.

They are load rated 102V, the van should be 106T.
I took off the 102 rated tyres and I am going to try to sell them on done deal and replaced them with 107/9T rated tyres.

Sure even the tyres on our previous volvo used be 103 not to mind a van.

Had them on the partner van only got 20000. Good years came new and done 45000. Put michelins crossclimate on last week on Wesleys advice so we'll see.
Have 30k on mine now and only half worn at most. Very happy with them on road and field. So much so getting a set for the car, expensive but as the good salesman said they get you around a bend alive.

Anyone any experience of Toyo tyres? Looking to put two tyres on the front of a passat and the local dealer has them at €110 each. €170 for michelins!

Anyone any experience of Toyo tyres? Looking to put two tyres on the front of a passat and the local dealer has them at €110 each. €170 for michelins!
Have proxies t1-r on a 2ltr diesel golf, well I should say I had a full set but just the back 2 now, there fairly good for grip and ok for wear, I think I’d north of 20k miles On the fronts and was never to easy on them, must be heading for 40k on the rears by now and there still about 40%.

I put firestone firehawks on the front after the proxies as I had them on the last golf and they wore well. I think the Firestone’s were around 100 or so, can’t remember as was getting them at good rates

Back