Seen for sale...

As tidy as that 50 is, presuming that price is plus vat, it would be around €5500 by the time she would be home
I wouldnt like to be paying much more for it tbh.

You are probably into 50H money then (if you could find a clean one!).

Lovely MB Trac 1000. At 10,500 didn't think it was unreasonable.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/mb-trac-1000/21654918

YmZlMjBkYjZjMDM1YWZhY2U3YjVjYjIwMTEzMzFlMjQWlpHPfYhmNLKS-2EPQhEcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjMwMzQxMDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Looking for some advice before putting these on Donedeal, any ideas on how much should they be advertised for ?

1. Vicon spreader with metal hopper, painted years ago & hardly used since.
hopper 50" wide x 32" x 24" high

DSC_2319.jpg

DSC_2329.jpg

DSC_2331.jpg

2. 2 roller horse roller including axle & brackets. 26" rollers 13" diameter

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

That spreader Is quite old I reckon, about 250??

The rollers Might Be a Nice ornamental piece, possibly 100??

I Could Be way out though :sweat:

I doubt you'd be knocked down with offers, the roller has a bit of interest with the wording on the end, I think if I was selling the like I'd be saying best offer secures.

old man been searching for a baler for a while now, all he wants is one with a chopper and the sensors on both sides of the baler. came across a few welgers 220's, 235's and 245's but they were wanting around 10-13k for em with 40k bales up on the clock. too me thats a bit expensive. branched out into mchale f550, f5500 same thing pretty much. they just seem to expensive for the amount of bales up on the clock but that being said, they could be contractors machines and the bale count is that high because they dont pack the bales enough thus l'm thinking little wear inside the chambers. he did come across a claas 354. €12500+vat they were looking for it. 25k bales up on the clock and from the photos we saw, it looks clean (came across it in the classifieds i think). any of ye can shine a light on claas balers? dont hear much about em compared to welgers and mchales but from what little we heard of, the term "they're made of tinfoil" seemed to be a common theme but we aint doing a high number of bales every year so i doubt that be an issue to us

old man been searching for a baler for a while now, all he wants is one with a chopper and the sensors on both sides of the baler. came across a few welgers 220's, 235's and 245's but they were wanting around 10-13k for em with 40k bales up on the clock. too me thats a bit expensive. branched out into mchale f550, f5500 same thing pretty much. they just seem to expensive for the amount of bales up on the clock but that being said, they could be contractors machines and the bale count is that high because they dont pack the bales enough thus l'm thinking little wear inside the chambers. he did come across a claas 354. €12500+vat they were looking for it. 25k bales up on the clock and from the photos we saw, it looks clean (came across it in the classifieds i think). any of ye can shine a light on claas balers? dont hear much about em compared to welgers and mchales but from what little we heard of, the term "they're made of tinfoil" seemed to be a common theme but we aint doing a high number of bales every year so i doubt that be an issue to us
anything like 255 stay well away that would be money wasted in my opinion

Ur not going to get a f550 with a low bale count now, stopped making them in '11. 40k bales isn't rediculous on a well minded F5500 just put new chains and cam bearings on her.

Mchale vs welger. Good god man, are you trying to start a war!

There's a thread comparing the two might be worth a read. Having worked for a dealer that sold the two, the welger was better to take grass, and made a neater bale if not better packed. The mchale tended to give less bother and the spares were cheaper. That's not to rule out a welger. But if you do go for one of them, profi js worth the few pound extra. Heavier bearings and stuff.

If you're not making a lot of bales, theres other manufacturers. Low bales count john deeres like 578's mightn't be a bad investment over a wore out mchale or welger. Was never impressed by claas myself. We have a krone roundpack. They make a nice shapey bale, and are easy driven, (95hp in our case). Chain and slat bearings can be changed in 5 minutes, you're down for more than an hour with a roller bearing. Downsides is the noise and the netter isnt a great design.

DeutzFahr /Vicon not a bad baler , and not hard bought . The combi version is a bit complicated to operate , I believe , but reliable enough .

Have you a wrapper ? Buy a clean fusion 1 for a little bit more money
have our own wrapper. still running around with a nh 644 belt baler. brilliant baler for the straw and hay but when it comes to silage bales, the old man just wants something with a chopper. be only doing a few hundred silage bales a year at most. not crazy numbers. jd balers my dad is not a fan of. friend of ours had one and just caused him headaches since it arrived on the farm. he got a f5500 now. krone balers is a big no no from my dad. anything that is a chain baler is a big no no with him. that being said, the number of baler on the list is shortened quite a bit. now take out the combi balers and fusions from the list, very few left according to dad. it is his money after all. dont get me wrong, fusions are good, but would want a fusion 2 over the first fusion and realistically speaking, would want at least 190-210hp to power one properly. lads round here that have complain quite a bit about em down to the fact they are using the likes of tm150's and 6630's. grand tractors alright but fuel consumption is one, then hillish and wettish ground is another, recipe for spending more money than needed. that being said i'm sure our tm165 be grand for pulling one but she is already heavy on the fuel doing other jobs. all we are doing is just baling, drawing them back to the yard and wrapping. a fusion or combi is not in our best interests atm

Nothing at all wrong with a John Deere 575 or 578. Often threw out 600 bales a day with one. They were a big step up from the welger rp200 before them and the John Deere are easy driven.

have our own wrapper. still running around with a nh 644 belt baler. brilliant baler for the straw and hay but when it comes to silage bales, the old man just wants something with a chopper. be only doing a few hundred silage bales a year at most. not crazy numbers. jd balers my dad is not a fan of. friend of ours had one and just caused him headaches since it arrived on the farm. he got a f5500 now. krone balers is a big no no from my dad. anything that is a chain baler is a big no no with him. that being said, the number of baler on the list is shortened quite a bit. now take out the combi balers and fusions from the list, very few left according to dad. it is his money after all. dont get me wrong, fusions are good, but would want a fusion 2 over the first fusion and realistically speaking, would want at least 190-210hp to power one properly. lads round here that have complain quite a bit about em down to the fact they are using the likes of tm150's and 6630's. grand tractors alright but fuel consumption is one, then hillish and wettish ground is another, recipe for spending more money than needed. that being said i'm sure our tm165 be grand for pulling one but she is already heavy on the fuel doing other jobs. all we are doing is just baling, drawing them back to the yard and wrapping. a fusion or combi is not in our best interests atm
No matter what baler you use, you'll use lots of diesel, thats a given.

There'll be horror stories about all makes. A big thing is a good dealer. You need to be able to get a bit when you're stuck because baling is a narrow window.

A john deere with 15k bales could be a better investment than a mchale with 45k. Im not able to comment on 300 series claas balers. There was a mix of about 6 claas balers around here one time. Those with the 46 held on to them. Anyone that bought a 254/255 kept them for a year or two and went to another brand, (two went mchale, one went krone)

Back