Broadband.

Using Eir mobile broadband here, not the small dongle, but a bigger one, it’s mobile wifi, says it’s 5G but anyway, best WiFi we’ve ever had, had a good few mobile wifi providers, and this one works at serious speed :Thumbp2:

Is there anybody using satellite broadband from Nova Broadband and if so how good is their service, they claim to provide to my area going by their coverage map. current phone line job is pathetic for what it costs and the continued rollout of fibre is looking like a non event so I'm investigating the satellite route, into the bargain we got whacked by lightening weekend before last and fried my surge protector, modem's been dodgy since.

The fibre rollout does seem to be on going. We were scheduled for the second half of 2018 and in the last week they have started replacing poles all around the village.

Have you any 4g option? I'd take it over sattelite if I could get it

1. Fiber arrived here last month, after they spending about the last two years at it. Incredible fast and working fine so far the only concern is dealing with Eir after all we have heard about them.1D779EA5-9D02-4385-97D7-3D5EC34A83BE.png

We were supposed (according to the rollout map) to get fibre months ago but nothing. We are about 7 miles from the airport and live near a major road to kinsale but not a thing. They have a bit of a box set up in te village and even then (according to the rollout map) the village has nothing.

This is eir we're talking about. I'm watching broadband rollout dates for the last 15 years, if they have fiber in my area in the first half of 2019 having promised it in the second half of 2018 it will be the closest they have ever gotten to delivering something on time!

The fibre rollout does seem to be on going. We were scheduled for the second half of 2018 and in the last week they have started replacing poles all around the village.

Have you any 4g option? I'd take it over sattelite if I could get it
The fibre is in the locality, it's the greatest farce of a setup from what I can see, it is strung out on the poles within 4 doors of me, there was a new house built 2 years ago 6 doors up and they got connected straight away yet they will not connect houses further up the road trotting out the excuse that the ports in the exchange have yet to be allocated, that has been going on for 3 years ffs, on another road they have taken it as far as a derelict house.

Screenshot_2019-03-22-23-59-32.png

This Is what I have here. We have fibre on the road but all of My neighbours are now with The same company or have tried It But can't get It With trees In The way. Doesn't say much for eir.

As part of work, I'd have large files (100mb would be frequent ) And No issues At All.

We were supposed (according to the rollout map) to get fibre months ago but nothing. We are about 7 miles from the airport and live near a major road to kinsale but not a thing. They have a bit of a box set up in te village and even then (according to the rollout map) the village has nothing.
Eir have started around here .making good progress it seems .all ducting in and a lot of wires up on poles with what looks like a large fan on some poles

Imagine Broadband put up signs around this area last week . On a spin on the tractor yesterday , i see a new mast up on a hill , either on the famous bit of ground that made €329 an acre on a lease recently , or outside the ditch from it .

With Wireless Connect here for years , maybe 10 . Good service enough, and €30 A month . We got decent internet from them , when no one else could , or would.

Are this Imagine crowd in other areas, and how do you find them ? Can't say much against present outfit 'bar possibly could be getting a little slower ' due to more people in the area availing of their service.

Imagine Broadband put up signs around this area last week . On a spin on the tractor yesterday , i see a new mast up on a hill , either on the famous bit of ground that made €329 an acre on a lease recently , or outside the ditch from it .

With Wireless Connect here for years , maybe 10 . Good service enough, and €30 A month . We got decent internet from them , when no one else could , or would.

Are this Imagine crowd in other areas, and how do you find them ? Can't say much against present outfit 'bar possibly could be getting a little slower ' due to more people in the area availing of their service.

Imagine currently installing masts etc in west cork, I am due to be connected in May, will report back with more info when tested.

Imagine are new, I think their package is 50 per month.

We have all of that stuff up on the poles here too but I'm so browned off with Eir here with the phone line which was all their fault from the tree topping contractors that :no::no:.

I see one of my neighbours has gotten a pole up during the week and they had recommended my crowd. Must find out what their logic is.

I'm thinking about giving them a try. Premier has gone to the dogs over the past while with no coverage for three days last week. I only seen four women on it last night. :no::no::no:

Eir have started around here .making good progress it seems .all ducting in and a lot of wires up on poles with what looks like a large fan on some poles

similar done around here, one of them yoke around every few houses. Do I now have to be connected from my house to the roadside pole or is the current wire good enough. those fan yokes dont look too secure

I'm thinking about giving them a try. Premier has gone to the dogs over the past while with no coverage for three days last week. I only seen four women on it last night. :no::no::no:

Only 4..
Imagine took down their advertising signs after a week . Turned out that they couldn't provide a signal . Didn't find out who has that new mast

similar done around here, one of them yoke around every few houses. Do I now have to be connected from my house to the roadside pole or is the current wire good enough. those fan yokes dont look too secure

I think they need to come and give you a new wire.

A neighbour is waiting over a month on them now..... apparently they only installed the new system up to only a 100 yards above our house. Lots are not too happy!

I'm back 300 metres from the roadside, old buried cable in a duct, from a mate that works for Eir I'd have to replace all that with fibre at my expense when and if it eventually comes roadside if I wanted Hi speed.

im 20m from the line, is there a connection fee or what way does it work. Cant wait to get fibre and get tv down the line. instead of paying those shower of shit SKY 100 a month to get a few matchs to keep the parents happy

im 20m from the line, is there a connection fee or what way does it work. Cant wait to get fibre and get tv down the line. instead of paying those shower of shit SKY 100 a month to get a few matchs to keep the parents happy

If I see the neighbours in the next few days I will get the low down...

Every one around here that got connected to fiber was changed a flat fee around €130 as far as I recall.People are very happy with it so far.

Apparently around here 50 m from the roadsides is the max they'll connect after that they don't want to know even though there's one of those reels on a pole at the end of the lane.

Credit where credit is due.

Arrived home tonight to find no internet and red lights flashing on the router as well. Not good news when I'm working from home tomorrow. :rolleyes2: Tried the old turn on and off trick and no joy.

Sent an email at 10.30, got a response at 11.20 and all back working. Very pleased.

Skytel Rocket Broadband take a bow.
http://www.skytel.ie

Back