Daily weather forecast update

I did indeed thanks.

Yourself and mucky are freaking me out about setting it though now.

Like everything in life it probably should have been done a few weeks ago

I think you'll see enough rain over the next 4 weeks for grass seed to strike. If the forecasters are right, then it should be ideal weather for it. A few of the forecasters are talking about a dry later summer ie. July, August and September. Certainly this week, I have seen peter O Donnell's forecast and he has started to talk about these 3 months being dry. Ken Ring is hard to decipher - but if you follow his theory about solar minimum being related to dry weather, then we are right in the middle of solar minimum this summer. Gavin Partridge really has his finger on the pulse. He pulls a lot of forecasts together from a variety of forecasters and everything that he has brought together from different forecast centres (he brings forecasts together from national weather centres across europe) points to "an exceptionally hot and thundery August".

I think you'll see enough rain over the next 4 weeks for grass seed to strike. If the forecasters are right, then it should be ideal weather for it. A few of the forecasters are talking about a dry later summer ie. July, August and September. Certainly this week, I have seen peter O Donnell's forecast and he has started to talk about these 3 months being dry. Ken Ring is hard to decipher - but if you follow his theory about solar minimum being related to dry weather, then we are right in the middle of solar minimum this summer. Gavin Partridge really has his finger on the pulse. He pulls a lot of forecasts together from a variety of forecasters and everything that he has brought together from different forecast centres (he brings forecasts together from national weather centres across europe) points to "an exceptionally hot and thundery August".

Who is Gavin Patridge, I havent heard of him.

Who is Gavin Patridge, I havent heard of him.

He runs a weather webpage called Gav's weather. He is an avid forecaster himself, but also really good at bring weather forecasts together for a number of agencies and people where he tries to identify similar trends in each of them so as to forecast the weather. he is a really interesting person to follow as he not only explains what is happening, going to happen and might happen, but he also explains why!

Virtually nothing fell here this morning, rain gauge was dry when I got home.

Got a shower or two this evening around home but not a whole lot. Just out there now and its drying off again.
South of here got virtually nothing

I'd say we got about 2mm here earlier today, you'd never know this evening but it's all welcome none the less!!

I'd say we got about 2mm here earlier today, you'd never know this evening but it's all welcome none the less!!

2mm here too. Ground gone hard as a rock but still some moisture in it.
Drying wind and 17-19deg all day.

Not the year for late sown cereals!!!

I’ve now seen two completely unrelated forecasting models giving it very dry for June, July and August. Especially in the southern half of the country.

UK, Germany, Poland and Scandinavia also in the firing line.

Between floods stopping planting in the US and a possible drought in big areas of Europe, we could be in for a grain price roller coaster again @gone

I’ve now seen two completely unrelated forecasting models giving it very dry for June, July and August. Especially in the southern half of the country.

UK, Germany, Poland and Scandinavia also in the firing line.

Between floods stopping planting in the US and a possible drought in big areas of Europe, we could be in for a grain price roller coaster again @gone

We've already seen that in the past few weeks with maize not being planted putting some life into the trade.

I thought The bank holiday weekend was going to be a scorcher with lots of sun.Screenshot_2019-05-27-23-41-57.png

Edit: xc has given nearly the opposite to the above :rolleyes2:

We will take every drop we can get for the weekend

Based on the latest model runs and indeed what Carlow Weather are saying it looks like we will miss nearly all of it with tonight/tomorrow's rain being most of it.

At home, they missed nearly all the showers yesterday but it lashed rain in Dublin and parts of South Kilkenny.

I like a lot here wanted rain the last couple of weeks but I had intended going at the silage today and had help organised and all. After all the dry weather, feckin typical :rolleyes2:.
The rain is badly needed anyway so I won't complain just yet and I see grass under trees is already burnt up.

I like a lot here wanted rain the last couple of weeks but I had intended going at the silage today and had help organised and all. After all the dry weather, feckin typical :rolleyes2:.
000The rain is badly needed anyway so I won't complain just yet and I see grass under trees is already burnt up.
Same story here was planning to start ĺmoĺwing this afternoon. Have some sprayed off for reseeding too so that may be done tomorrow regardless. Next week looks wet.

Back