Mccormick tractors.

Was that the one that was traded in last year?

Drove one once and was I'm impressed, heavy backend from an MX but short wheelbase and decent cab.
A few years ago now. Well over 10k on it. Basically a 4 cyl MX 110

I seriously doubt it tbh!

Not quite the same desirability alright but it's not that long ago that Silver Jubilees were making the same or less than standard blue models and these silver McCormicks are the same...

Not quite the same desirability alright but it's not that long ago that Silver Jubilees were making the same or less than standard blue models and these silver McCormicks are the same...
7810's are a very sought after tractor though, by both collectors and farmers. I dont think there is ant McCormick that people fall over themselves to acquire

There's a feature in the April edition of Classic Tractor about the Diamond Edition tractors, I haven't had a chance to read through it but it doesn't appear to mention the MC.

Another Diamond Edition.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/mccormick-mtx150-diamond-edition/21149031

M2QyZGVjNDA2ZTcxZDI4OWRjNmRhNTI0N2Y4NDgwMmYEBPClSY87fvRIm6qejeH0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkxNjk3NTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Lads hoping to go see a mtx135 before the week is out 02 with 8000hr anything I should be looking out for when checking it over . Tia

Was told it was 135 ?
Never seen a 02 135, it’s either newer than 2002 or else it’s a 125, meaning early model, good tractor Perkins engine.
Check brakes, 4wd shaft bearing coming out of bell housing, make sure no oil leaking there, drive her up a step hill to make sure no:3 powershift is not slipping, nearly always the first one to go

What are d cx mccormicks like. Any major issues to look for in them
Other than that the low profile cab ones have the most horrible uncomfortable throttle pedal in them and the gears are at a skew I can’t say much else about them

We borrowed a McCormick orchard tractor from a neighbour today to go on our Apple shaker, I now realise why his bloke was laughing at me when I picked it up,,,
No shuttle,,, so as its a suspended clutch your foot is in the air half the day,
Gearbox is like stirring porridge,,
The PTO,,,,, why oh why oh why would you design a PTO that needs to seperate levers to turn the bloody thing on n off,, WHY.....????
The position of the near side mirror arm is wank, smack me head every time I get in and out,

That said its "roomy" for an orchard tractor,
Nice co fy seat
Plenty of hydraulic flow for our shaker, and you don't have to stick a bungee found the spool for it to stay in constant pumping,
The work lights are good, very good considering they ain't led
You can hear the radio ( this is a bonus in an orchard tractor) our NH are very "noisy " in the cab meaning you need the radio flat out to hear it,

What are d cx mccormicks like. Any major issues to look for in them

Marmite tractor you either love them or hate them. You either have a good one or a bad one.

Xtrashift gearbox seems to cause lots of problems. Earlier two speed powershift gearboxes with manual shuttle were better.

They are a lighter tractor and many of the problems lads had with them were due to the workload given to them (as in 120hp plus).

Deluxe cab is preferable to the LP but as far as I know It's the same cab from the mudguards down bar the repositioning of the fan.

Back