Bale Trailer length

What is the ideal length for a bale trailer to take either 6 or 7 on the floor? Both wrapped silage and straw. With front and back racks. Would I be right in saying 28 or 32?

What is the ideal length for a bale trailer to take either 6 or 7 on the floor? Both wrapped silage and straw. With front and back racks. Would I be right in saying 28 or 32?
For 7 I’d say your about right at 32, I’ve a 31ft trailer, it was measured for straw where I wanted the bales to be a tight fit, 7 silage bales will fit but if I was doing a lot of silage it would need an extra foot.

Bring 6 of silage (not wrapped) and straw on 26ft so 28 would be comfortable wrapped
And the 2 35ft takes 8 comfortable

Contractor bought a trunk this year. He's very happy with it.
here good things about them, dad was tempted to go for one but we dont know how well it would work on the telehandler. heard that they work best on a wheel loader as you are able to see over the top of the bales when loading onto a trailer and makes sense i guess

I have a TR3. The only issue with it is you can't load or unload at an angle. You have to try hard to damage one with it. Easy to keep greased and not a lot to go wrong. You can load on end or on their bellies. Extremely happy with it.
Would they limit ya for height in a shed?

Mate of mine goes on about wanting a trunk type similar to what McHale used to make.

Rather than the 'trunk' moving. There was an extra trunk at the tractor end.
Picture paints a thousand of my rambling words:
https://www.worldtractors.co.uk/product/mchale-601bh-bale-grab/

Were they really that good?
Not made any more I'm told, not sure what to make of that!?

They were for big square bales only I believe :confused3:

Reactions: AYF
How’s that handler working out for you @Carrigogunnell ?

Thinking of purchasing and just looking for some feedback

Haven't used it yet this year as we had a lot of the first cut come together and we have a jcb310 which has a paw type handler and we just left it in the yard and drew them with the tractor and Nugent paw grab...il use the trunk from now on!!
There very very popular now and a lot of lads drawing huge amount of bales with em...
If your used to drawing with the poles the there the handler for you...u won't regret it

Have a tr3 and it’s a supper handler , have it 3 years and it’s very easy working with it. Thinking about getting a second handler at the moment and think it’ll be another trunk. We stack in one yard on the ends two high , flip them in the field and onto trailer and it’s very easy unload them and stack then, going to try a soft hands in tomorrow for loading in the field and use the trunk the yard for unloading so will see how that goes

Have a tr3 and it’s a supper handler , have it 3 years and it’s very easy working with it. Thinking about getting a second handler at the moment and think it’ll be another trunk. We stack in one yard on the ends two high , flip them in the field and onto trailer and it’s very easy unload them and stack then, going to try a soft hands in tomorrow for loading in the field and use the trunk the yard for unloading so will see how that goes

If possible id do the opposed..it may be easier take them off the trailer with the hands than the truck wen there butted together... we're it may be easier put them together on the trailer in the field

Back