Welger 235 or 245

Once it filled up that was it, it kept running but obviously hard to turn, took two of us hour and a half to get it out today with taking bands off.

Yeah it was some pretty rough stuff and tacky from being lay on the ground, also had it a week ago when it came on to rain, was ok in the dry. Do these run faster than a cam type cause if your in a big row going slow it seems to be pulling at it more than the 220 does? .
Supposedly faster alright. New style reel again now going even faster. Not convinced it’s and improvement over the one you have mind .

I presume Profi spec is the top of the range model for a 235?
yup.
i dont know how i feel about the profi though with the one spool controlling the pickup, knives and the drop floor. i guess its handy as it all on one spool but you would have to cycle one the clock to control whichever needs to be controlled. would much rather have them separate spools like on the other models. i wonder if u can convert it over

yup.
i dont know how i feel about the profi though with the one spool controlling the pickup, knives and the drop floor. i guess its handy as it all on one spool but you would have to cycle one the clock to control whichever needs to be controlled. would much rather have them separate spools like on the other models. i wonder if u can convert it over

You've lost me I'm afraid, how does it work off the one spool? Is there a divertor somewhere controlled from a control box or what?:scratchhead:

You've lost me I'm afraid, how does it work off the one spool? Is there a divertor somewhere controlled from a control box or what?:scratchhead:
it weird, i honestly dont know. but on the clock, you have a button that would cycle between the drop floor, knives and pick-up. whatever you selected on the clock, the spool would operate whatever u selected. thats as far as knowledge about it goes. i guess there's an electric switch somewhere that would direct the oil flow to where ever you want it to go. tbh to me, would much rather have each one on their own spool, just for ease of use. think we shouldve got an xtra-cut instead

5 solenoids with one button on the controller to select between each function . Though once you have selected the number of knives your going to use you`ll select between 3 . Pickup reel is default setting then drop floor 3rd being your preselected number of knives . Now to the best of my knowledge the extra cut comes with the same controller . No great hassle in selecting to drop the floor or lowering the knives . Could see no reason trying to plumb them directly .

To have one on each spool you`ll need 4 spools on the tractor at least and still need solenoids to select the number of knives . Open the passenger side panel directly under the cog thats driven from the center gearbox youll see the valve block that controls the functions mentioned above . Never had them to give any bother. (touch wood )
it weird, i honestly dont know. but on the clock, you have a button that would cycle between the drop floor, knives and pick-up. whatever you selected on the clock, the spool would operate whatever u selected. thats as far as knowledge about it goes. i guess there's an electric switch somewhere that would direct the oil flow to where ever you want it to go. tbh to me, would much rather have each one on their own spool, just for ease of use. think we shouldve got an xtra-cut instead

5 solenoids with one button on the controller to select between each function . Though once you have selected the number of knives your going to use you`ll select between 3 . Pickup reel is default setting then drop floor 3rd being your preselected number of knives . Now to the best of my knowledge the extra cut comes with the same controller . No great hassle in selecting to drop the floor or lowering the knives . Could see no reason trying to plumb them directly .
question, if one of those solenoids go, on the clock would the the button cycle through 2 of options where their solenoids are still working because the first time we used the baler, the clock only cycled through the drop floor and pick-up
To have one on each spool you`ll need 4 spools on the tractor at least and still need solenoids to select the number of knives . Open the passenger side panel directly under the cog thats driven from the center gearbox youll see the valve block that controls the functions mentioned above . Never had them to give any bother. (touch wood )
we're fine their with the tm165 in terms of no. spools

You mean it went from pick up to drop floor then back to pick up .
question, if one of those solenoids go, on the clock would the the button cycle through 2 of options where their solenoids are still working because the first time we used the baler, the clock only cycled through the drop floor and pick-up

we're fine their with the tm165 in terms of no. spools

yeah. after we took it to ryalls, they had it fixed but we dont know what they did. forgot to ask that before i left with it
Dont know really new one on me . Only thing i can think of is the handset been setup as if the baler didnt have a knive system . But that would be a new baler issue and an easy fix in the settings on the handset .

Dont know really new one on me . Only thing i can think of is the handset been setup as if the baler didnt have a knive system . But that would be a new baler issue and an easy fix in the settings on the handset .
it was confusing as in the settings, it recognized that you could select 13, 17 and 25 knives but you couldnt cycle to it on the main screen

Do you mean 12 knives , no 17 on the profi . Some electrical issue possibly in the controller
it was confusing as in the settings, it recognized that you could select 13, 17 and 25 knives but you couldnt cycle to it on the main screen

yup.
It’s better off on a solenoid, simple reason being if you had it on a tractor with a leaky spool, or one that allowed oil to creep back slowly it could potentially let the knives down without you knowing, or else let the drop floor down. That’s not to say the solenoids on the baler couldn’t eventually let it leak a bit, but probably far less likely that it would happen than a tractor having a leaky spool

No reason to have them on individual spools. You select knives before you start baling and use the drop floor when you get blocked which is rare with those balers so can't see why you would change it. Easy to toggle between them on the Elink aswel.

Can't say the camless pick up on the 245 was a big success, how many tines on the outside should lean back? There's only one on this one so should there be 3 or 4 more or all the ones in front of the augers?

Can't say the camless pick up on the 245 was a big success, how many tines on the outside should lean back? There's only one on this one so should there be 3 or 4 more or all the ones in front of the augers?
Just the outside row on each side. What appears to be the problem?

Just the outside row on each side. What appears to be the problem?
The grass builds up inside the bands, seems to start near the outside then work its way to the middle, rye grass being the worst offender.

I heard of lads upgrading the 235 pickup tines to the mchale ones. Does this cause an issue to the pickup. Some lads reckon it can wreck the pickup due to the mchale tines being stronger.

I heard of lads upgrading the 235 pickup tines to the mchale ones. Does this cause an issue to the pickup. Some lads reckon it can wreck the pickup due to the mchale tines being stronger.
There are heavier genuine Welger tines available

Back