Grass Growth Rates

So how do I use this then?
20190711_110107.jpg
20190711_110112.jpg

I don't usually measure grass anyway,,they soon let me know if there isn't enough there:laugh:

I only measure when i'm getting worried about it being scarce or me being over stocked.
We have had an exceptional year for growth. It's like one of those fairytale stories where it only rains at night and the sun shines all day.

I just use the fist rule every fist of grass is 500kg/dm/ha ,so 1 fist is too short 2 fists is 1000 and is getting there,3 fists is 1500 and is perfect 4 fists is 2000 too strong etc and take it out in bales that you love . That's just my rough guide

We are looking at a big slow down in growth this week both at home and her in door's place. A serious bit of drying over the last 7 days combined with no rain has left ground very hard. Not much rain in the forecast either.

We are looking at a big slow down in growth this week both at home and her in door's place. A serious bit of drying over the last 7 days combined with no rain has left ground very hard. Not much rain in the forecast either.
We got a good bit of rain around us the last week. Ground seriously dry still though. And grass is being grazed faster than tis growing.

Butler Agricultural Services Templetuothy Co Tipperary supplies a lot of liquid fertiliser . The man we knew as Tippcon here on the forum applies it for him . An awful lot of dairy farmers using it now .
It's obviously faster acting and applied by a contractor, how are ye comparing it to bag in terms of cost and results ?

It's obviously faster acting and applied by a contractor, how are ye comparing it to bag in terms of cost and results ?

I personally haven't used it , and i am within 10 miles of him , but know several who have used it . It seems to work better than bag stuff in either wet or dry hash conditions . Works out much the same cost wise.
Tippcon did send me a txt msg once with a link to it , but I seem to have lost or deleted it .

Back