Jcb loaders

What are the jcb from the late 90s like?
412 would be what we're looking at I'd like to hang on for a volvo but there making crazy money
JCB moved away from the Clark transmission in 1995 and began using their own transmissions in their industrial loaders. They gave a fair bit of bother and they moved back to Clark in 2002. We we were in the market for an industrial loader in late 2001 and a JCB mechanic advised us to avoid their own transmission. We bought a 1994 412 plus which now has 21.5k hours and the transmission hasn't yet been touched.

talked to my dad about it. you should get a 412 in his opinion. would offer more torque compared to a 410 by a mile but they might seem a bit high in terms of cab height for some sheds. although he did say, should look out for tm270. we know of 1 over the road from us. its probably over 15k hrs at this point and has been through a world of pain in the form of the owner originally buying it for bulldozer work, then it went onto silage pits and now shifting bales. no bomb could destroy it pretty much

Tm270 won’t lift 3 Tonne.
forgot that he had the double bale grab on it. my bad. was thinking if he had a bale spike, she would lift those 2 bales easily without a bother on her. tbh a 412 would be his best bet. also what about a manitou pivot steer? i see some on donedeal and they seem reasonably priced

forgot that he had the double bale grab on it. my bad. was thinking if he had a bale spike, she would lift those 2 bales easily without a bother on her. tbh a 412 would be his best bet. also what about a manitou pivot steer? i see some on donedeal and they seem reasonably priced

Reasonably priced for a reason. They gave quite a lot of trouble. Kv es80 had one.

This type
Also why do people dislike hydrostatic so much? View attachment 67924
Hydrostatic tend to need recon quicker than torque converter. When they go they are gone, torque will get steadily worse still you cannot be arsed with how slow it's moving anymore but it's still moving.
Any hydro I've driven tend to get very hot slot quicker than torque machines, yet when in good order and doing lighter work they are more responsive than torque converter.

Is it common for contractors to be able to handle 2 wrapped bales loading and unloading trailers .I know it is easy enough damage plastic even handling one bale at the time .
A few contractors nearby have switched to using a jcb 530-70 handler ,very nimble in tight yards ,generally leave handler in yard and tractor loader in field .Imo yards are too tight around here anyway for the likes of 412 etc

Is it common for contractors to be able to handle 2 wrapped bales loading and unloading trailers .I know it is easy enough damage plastic even handling one bale at the time .
A few contractors nearby have switched to using a jcb 530-70 handler ,very nimble in tight yards ,generally leave handler in yard and tractor loader in field .Imo yards are too tight around here anyway for the likes of 412 etc
If a 412 won't work in a yard a tractor and loader won't

If a 412 won't work in a yard a tractor and loader won't

A tractor and loader will pull a bale trailer . With a loading shovel/teleporter handling bales you will still need a tractor to pull the trailer , and a driver on each . I cant see that much money in drawing bales . Can you ?

It seems to me that the whole baled silage game would be enough to drive a man mad .
10 years ago you mowed 10 acres of grass for a man . left it 2 days in the row . Baled it then , and then the owner drew them himself. It yielded 12 bales to the acre .

Now , you still have an odd lad like that . But you also have the dairy farmer , who has a couple of paddocks getting " Strong ". 6 inches high. It has to be mowed , tedded , and the raked . Baled and wrapped , and then he wants it drawn and stacked . You could employ a football team at the job .
Lad does mine had 31 bales off 14 acres for one of these lads 3 weeks ago . No wonder he is in bad humuor a lot of the time .
he gave up doing pit silage 22 years ago due to the hassle of it . At least then he knew he had 20 acres to do for Pat the end of May . 40 for John 10th of June . 30 for Mick whenever you get to it . Plus the other lads who fitted in between .

Now he has a lot of similar lads . PLUS not a day goes by but a couple of lads ring with 3 or 4 acres they mowed with their own disc mower , needs to be raked etc.

The definition of stress , in my opinion .

Back to the 10 ft rows , and let them like it or lump it .

A tractor and loader will pull a bale trailer . With a loading shovel/teleporter handling bales you will still need a tractor to pull the trailer , and a driver on each . I cant see that much money in drawing bales . Can you ?

It seems to me that the whole baled silage game would be enough to drive a man mad .
10 years ago you mowed 10 acres of grass for a man . left it 2 days in the row . Baled it then , and then the owner drew them himself. It yielded 12 bales to the acre .

Now , you still have an odd lad like that . But you also have the dairy farmer , who has a couple of paddocks getting " Strong ". 6 inches high. It has to be mowed , tedded , and the raked . Baled and wrapped , and then he wants it drawn and stacked . You could employ a football team at the job .
Lad does mine had 31 bales off 14 acres for one of these lads 3 weeks ago . No wonder he is in bad humuor a lot of the time .
he gave up doing pit silage 22 years ago due to the hassle of it . At least then he knew he had 20 acres to do for Pat the end of May . 40 for John 10th of June . 30 for Mick whenever you get to it . Plus the other lads who fitted in between .

Now he has a lot of similar lads . PLUS not a day goes by but a couple of lads ring with 3 or 4 acres they mowed with their own disc mower , needs to be raked etc.

Yes I know where your comming from but it's not that bad you have a good few paddocks and stuff like that but it's all part of it.
Theres alot of lads baling 40 and 50 acres at a time now too.
Yes in an ideal world id love not to have to shift any bales but if I don't shift them I'm not making them.
Tractor loading them two tractors drawing and a loader unloading it seems to be the fastest way of moving 500+ a day

Theres around 17 round balers in our parish, at least 6 doing hire work within 3 miles of our house, along with men from other parishes doing work locally. Out of the lads from our own parish the one that's doing the most baling has one tractor thats around 90hp at the PTO and one baler, he has a plain disc mower to cut his own and lifts it straight from the row. The only bales he draws are his own and he reckons that's too much. The man wrapping wraps for a few other men as well.

Them two men are making a few pounds with as little out lay as possible, and with most men that's baling telling me that bar a few they wont see any money until next October arnt they right.

i dont see it either especially when everyone and their mother is getting into baling.
the contractor we did wrapping for before was going through a headache a few weeks back. he had 16 acres for a cousin of his in crossbarry to do when he noticed the cousin knocking another few acres to also be baled. he had to leave a few acres then to do one of our neighbours because the neighbour was completely losing his mind saying that there was gonna be rain the next day when there wasnt any (i think everyone on this forum has neighbour of similar mindset). next morning he traveled all the way back to crossbarry to finish it off until it got to midday where another customer in kinsale had a few acres of hay to bale. he left the cousins again, traveld all the way to kinsale, make 10 bales and then made his way back to crossbarry. for him theres a lot of back and forth and to me thats an awful waste of diesel and time

Theres around 17 round balers in our parish, at least 6 doing hire work within 3 miles of our house, along with men from other parishes doing work locally. Out of the lads from our own parish the one that's doing the most baling has one tractor thats around 90hp at the PTO and one baler, he has a plain disc mower to cut his own and lifts it straight from the row. The only bales he draws are his own and he reckons that's too much. The man wrapping wraps for a few other men as well.

Them two men are making a few pounds with as little out lay as possible, and with most men that's baling telling me that bar a few they wont see any money until next October arnt they right.
What works in your part doesn't work in others.
If them lads are doing as well as you say wouldn't the whole Country be at the same you'd be a long time making 100 bales chasing a plain disk mower

Been thinking on this.
How many tractor loaders would your budget buy?
If I had the staff and wanted to really move bales I'd stick a loader on each tractor, and a couple extra trailers and tell each man to get on with it.
Can send one lad to him with a padock or two. Two lads to the one with 100 acres etc etc. Keep everyone happy and shift some serious baoes

Been thinking on this.
How many tractor loaders would your budget buy?
If I had the staff and wanted to really move bales I'd stick a loader on each tractor, and a couple extra trailers and tell each man to get on with it.
Can send one lad to him with a padock or two. Two lads to the one with 100 acres etc etc. Keep everyone happy and shift some serious bales.

i dont see it either especially when everyone and their mother is getting into baling.
the contractor we did wrapping for before was going through a headache a few weeks back. he had 16 acres for a cousin of his in crossbarry to do when he noticed the cousin knocking another few acres to also be baled. he had to leave a few acres then to do one of our neighbours because the neighbour was completely losing his mind saying that there was gonna be rain the next day when there wasnt any (i think everyone on this forum has neighbour of similar mindset). next morning he traveled all the way back to crossbarry to finish it off until it got to midday where another customer in kinsale had a few acres of hay to bale. he left the cousins again, traveld all the way to kinsale, make 10 bales and then made his way back to crossbarry. for him theres a lot of back and forth and to me thats an awful waste of diesel and time

In my totally unqualified opinion that's just bad management.

Running around like a madman just because your customers are madmen is madness.

Farming is not unique in having people who can't plan, cant give their suppliers notice and jump up and down with their own importance.

Allowing customers like that to dictate how your business operates is a recipe for problems

In my totally unqualified opinion that's just bad management.

Running around like a madman just because your customers are madmen is madness.

Farming is not unique in having people who can't plan, cant give their suppliers notice and jump up and down with their own importance.

Allowing customers like that to dictate how your business operates is a recipe for problems

Very true,I have first hand experience of similar carry on in a manufacturing business , it leads to nothing but hassle, inefficiency and added cost.

Back