Mec 8000 stripdown

Antares 130

Currently stripping the pump of the tanker as its blowing oil everywhere and I need to replace the oil seals.

For the life of me I can't get the small gear of the front of the rotor shaft.

Between a small 2 leg puller, heat from the blow lamp and shocking it with a hammer and punch whilst under strain with the puller I can't get it shifted.

Anyone else ever have bother getting this gear off?

If the hammer or heat isn't working your hammer isn't big enough or the heat isn't hot enough, probably both

Had one of our pumps in bits last week and had the same problem, when we resorted to the grinder to cut it off it turned out that the key was pretty much sheared through and was causing it to be so tight.

Bastard was sized on, had to cut it off down the key way, even when split with a chisel it still resisted coming off until the very last mil that it was in contact with the shaft.

They must have been heated and the shaft shrunk in the freezer during original fitment.

Is there much in stripping down and refurb ? My one is getting very slow on filling so I’m assumeing something is up with it its 19 years old . Woulnt be doin much and always kept full oil

Is there much in stripping down and refurb ? My one is getting very slow on filling so I’m assumeing something is up with it its 19 years old . Woulnt be doin much and always kept full oil
if your only after the vanes then its easy enough from the back
if bearings and seals are gone its a bit more involved by having to cut the small gear off but they are simple enough to work on

if your only after the vanes then its easy enough from the back
if bearings and seals are gone its a bit more involved by having to cut the small gear off but they are simple enough to work on

It seams to be working fine apart from after comeing slow to fill

Is the nut on the front small gear clockwise or anticlockwise thread? Having a job to shift it

All the ones I've done are just standard threads, usually use the electric impact to crack them away.
I got the nut off after a bit of inventive clamping of the rotor.
Tis the gear wont budge now.
Do most people end up cutting them off?
What's the price of a replacement gear?

It seams to be working fine apart from after comeing slow to fill

We've also had the pipework and such between pump and tank start to fill up with crap and need a clean out.

If your not having to rev it hard to make pressure I’d look at the pipe work like Fraser has suggested, couldn’t get a tanker to fill one day, eventually tracked it down to a tiny pin hole in the outer layer of the rubber pipe from pump to tank, the pipe was starting to delaminate and the inner layer was sucking closed when the vacuum built

If your not having to rev it hard to make pressure I’d look at the pipe work like Fraser has suggested, couldn’t get a tanker to fill one day, eventually tracked it down to a tiny pin hole in the outer layer of the rubber pipe from pump to tank, the pipe was starting to delaminate and the inner layer was sucking closed when the vacuum built

Its needing extra revs

Kramp or sparex are also pretty decent for pump parts.
Plenty gas a small puller and some gentle persuasion and I eventually got it off intact. :rolleyes2:

Anyone know where the rear main bearing gets lubricated from? Can't see any oil ports:scratchhead:

Plenty gas a small puller and some gentle persuasion and I eventually got it off intact. :rolleyes2:

Anyone know where the rear main bearing gets lubricated from? Can't see any oil ports:scratchhead:
All that heat on a gear will fuck up the hard face on the teeth......

Back