Kubota disc mower

Joe joyce

Purchased new Kubota disc mower and topped 8 acres, top hat began to wobble and 2 blade nuts sheared, losing 2 blades, like wtf? Are they junk or wats the story.

Purchased new Kubota disc mower and topped 8 acres, top hat began to wobble and 2 blade nuts sheared, losing 2 blades, like wtf? Are they junk or wats the story.
I'd say that build quality is good. The problem probably lies in assembly quality. These mowers are usually assembled by the dealer.

I'm sure it's under warranty. Bring it back and let the dealer fix it. Check all nuts and bolts yourself to be sure.

Back to your dealer, they are noted for being a good mower.

Yes, that's why the purchase was made but after 8 acres of topping and 2 blades gone and nuts wrenched I can't say that..

How do you know they sheared ? As posted above they might just not have been tighten by the dealer and just opened and fell off. Top hat is it cracked or is it a case of lose bolts as well?

Are they someway related to kverneland now?

When i was younger i worked in a dealer and i used to assemble a lot of kvernelands

The discs used to come fitted IIRC, it was mainly fitting the frame together and stuff.

The skids and the grassboard had to be fitted, but i think the discs are put on in the factory. Its 5 or 6 years since i was there so im not entirely sure.

As the others said, back to the dealer. Its probably just a mistake in assembly.

Not really good enough for a dealer 2 throw out a machine like that tbh.

20190802_163557.jpg Yes they are a kverneland machine with Kubota colours but they have 3 blades instead of 2.
Tats from the blade that didn't come off.. only for it was spotted it 2 would have eventually flew off.
Mechanic tried to float the idea of a stone hitting it... didn't fly tbh

View attachment 68564 Yes they are a kverneland machine with Kubota colours but they have 3 blades instead of 2.
Tats from the blade that didn't come off.. only for it was spotted it 2 would have eventually flew off.
Mechanic tried to float the idea of a stone hitting it... didn't fly tbh
3 blade versions are Vicon, that doesn't look like a proper knife bolt. Should have a bolt like this..

Sorry nny mistake.. tat s the bolt holding the disc..ur right. The bolt in the knife widened the hole in the knife itself to a kinda oval shape.. I'll be interested 2 see what the dealer comes up with tomorrow. Tbh kinda losing faith as there is sommit wrong somewhere. Yes it's a kverneland brand on the machine but I think Kubota have bought out vicon also.
As a query to those in the know I'm thinking a self locking nut isn't good enough to hold the blades and there is a tiny bit of play in the nut when it's sitting into the plate which could be the problem. Ideas?

Sorry nny mistake.. tat s the bolt holding the disc..ur right. The bolt in the knife widened the hole in the knife itself to a kinda oval shape.. I'll be interested 2 see what the dealer comes up with tomorrow. Tbh kinda losing faith as there is sommit wrong somewhere. Yes it's a kverneland brand on the machine but I think Kubota have bought out vicon also.
As a query to those in the know I'm thinking a self locking nut isn't good enough to hold the blades and there is a tiny bit of play in the nut when it's sitting into the plate which could be the problem. Ideas?

I’d say the mower should be ok,it’s how your dealer sorts the job that counts.

Fair sure on my krone the disc bolts have loctite on the threads.

Edit,yes kubota also have vicon or a share in.

The correct blade for your mower has an oval hole . Mower blades have been held on for 20yrs plus with a simple locknut .

Sale of goods act.. but could be awkward tbh.
Ya i thought when I first saw it that the self locking nuts didn't look the job. Mentioned it 2 the nice chap dropping the machine and he said that's the way them all are.
Who am I to question??

Back