VRT for tractor

Merv_B

What is required to VRT a tractor. A friend has just bought one in the UK and was asking.

Unfortunately VRT is too short to work in the forum search so cannot find previous answers.

Thanks

Merv

What is required to VRT a tractor. A friend has just bought one in the UK and was asking.

Unfortunately VRT is too short to work in the forum search so cannot find previous answers.

Thanks

Merv
I did it back in January off the top of my head you just book it into one of the centres that can do the VRT not all NCT centres can. You need to be able to point out the chassis number so you’ll need to know where that is, you need the foreign log book, an invoice, the shipment details can’t remember the number but the haulage crowd will give it to you or a ferry receipt if you drove it on yourself, €200 and there’s three forms you need to print off the internet and fill out. I’ll find the link later if you haven’t got it already. Just double check everything because I know lads that have been sent away for not having everything right.

+Proof of address, PPS No.
Time we did it, had to go back 3 times with different things! One was they didn't have the Landini Powerfarm listed. Maybe try ringing to make sure the model is listed as it could save a trip.

I think @diesel power had to VRT a "non existent" tractor recently..........
I did and it's ongoing but it's up to revenue now:rolleyes2:.
Anyhow the forms you need are as follows
1, vehicle log book or reg cert from the UK.
2, something official with your PPSN number on it. Must be dated within the last 6 months.
3, receipt, invoice for the machine showing the price paid. Put in the price in whatever currency the machine was paid for in not the Euro amount.
4, You will need I.D, license or passport.
5, VRTVPD2 form.
6, Location of Chassis number stamped into the machine, they will not accept a Vin number plate riveted on. On newer machines they will also want to know the weight of it. Not sure what year that starts from though.
7, shipping docket,
8, utility bill or bank statement. They will not accept a farm bill. A man in before me the other morning was turned away because he had a farm bill.
9, 200 euro fee.
When you phone the VRT crowd to make an appointment they ask for your email and you will get a link that you can print off the VRTVPD2 form and all the necessary paperwork you will need.

We have a tractor here that my father bought in the north over 10 years ago, its never been registered.
Is there any way around it now?

If you get on with your local dealer I'm sure they will be able to register it. There is different rules for machinery dealers. I registered mine 6 months after I bought it and they didn't charge me anything extra.

I brought a car in for one of the family and I needed something signed that I had permission to bring the car in . They just allowed me to bring the permission in another day without the car .

We have a tractor here that my father bought in the north over 10 years ago, its never been registered.
Is there any way around it now?

Happened us bought a tractor in UK in 2007 (mxm140) never registered it for about 6 years, had to hand over about a thousand to get it sorted. I think a change of ownership is another way to get around it, I know it works when a tractor hadn't been taxed in a long time. Wish we'd known that back then, people in the office would make you none the wiser either...

My JD came in from UK, a friendly dealer here knew the system so he did the whole VRT visit for me. He took the tractor there on a low loader because he had heard of stories that they have refused to sign off if you drove it into the centre as it should not be on the road until registered.
Don't know how true that is but he got mine through first time.

My JD came in from UK, a friendly dealer here knew the system so he did the whole VRT visit for me. He took the tractor there on a low loader because he had heard of stories that they have refused to sign off if you drove it into the centre as it should not be on the road until registered.
Don't know how true that is but he got mine through first time.
Drove both mine to the centre in Waterford no issue, the woman that looks after it there is sound, heard a couple of negative reports about Kilkenny.

I did and it's ongoing but it's up to revenue now:rolleyes2:.
Anyhow the forms you need are as follows
1, vehicle log book or reg cert from the UK.
2, something official with your PPSN number on it. Must be dated within the last 6 months.
3, receipt, invoice for the machine showing the price paid. Put in the price in whatever currency the machine was paid for in not the Euro amount.
4, You will need I.D, license or passport.
5, VRTVPD2 form.
6, Location of Chassis number stamped into the machine, they will not accept a Vin number plate riveted on. On newer machines they will also want to know the weight of it. Not sure what year that starts from though.
7, shipping docket,
8, utility bill or bank statement. They will not accept a farm bill. A man in before me the other morning was turned away because he had a farm bill.
9, 200 euro fee.
When you phone the VRT crowd to make an appointment they ask for your email and you will get a link that you can print off the VRTVPD2 form and all the necessary paperwork you will need.
Never being asked the weight but everything else is right .

Never being asked the weight but everything else is right .
The man doing the vrt for me was looking for the weight. I told him 7.5 tonnes and that was that.
On the topic the non existent tractor now exists and is registered. Revenue didn't hang about that's for sure. I was hoping for a few weeks tax free use. No such such luck :rolleyes2:.

I don't know will have to check.
It was bought back in the old days when it was easy register tractors. Just never did it and then the system changed.
Without the V5 the vrt crowd won't do a thing for you. Time was you got a permanent export form from the DVLA but thats been discontinued since June of last year.

had to vrt combine - pictures only required but couldn't find stamped chassis number anywhere just plate under cab, rang dealer who suggested some places to look but couldn't confirm it even existed and a mechanic who worked on them for years said he never seen a stamped chassis number. Absolutely no way could it proceed - luckily I eventually found it and got the photo...
but just for anyone else out there especially if bringing in a machine you need to be able to locate the chassis number stamped somewhere.

had to vrt combine - pictures only required but couldn't find stamped chassis number anywhere just plate under cab, rang dealer who suggested some places to look but couldn't confirm it even existed and a mechanic who worked on them for years said he never seen a stamped chassis number. Absolutely no way could it proceed - luckily I eventually found it and got the photo...
but just for anyone else out there especially if bringing in a machine you need to be able to locate the chassis number stamped somewhere.
What other forms did you need? I have to clear a telescopic handler and it’s a pictures job aswell as they do not have to be presented. I have the UK tax book. I bought it from a dealer, must I get somthing from him?

Yes you must have an invoice and a shipping record if coming from uk. For ni no shipping record if invoice less than 30 days

If you buy a tractor in the ROI will it be difficult to register with an ROI if it still carries its UK REG and was not registered or VRT PAID in IRELAND when it was imported a coupe of years ago by the previous owner? UK registration documents V5 is available.

If you buy a tractor in the ROI will it be difficult to register with an ROI if it still carries its UK REG and was not registered or VRT PAID in IRELAND when it was imported a coupe of years ago by the previous owner? UK registration documents V5 is available.
Are you friendly with any machinery dealers? They might be able to get it done without fines

Are you friendly with any machinery dealers? They might be able to get it done without fines

No unfortunately not. Does the “fine” travel with the tractor as opposed to the person who originally imported it being liable ?

Back