Spring Barley - General Thread

They are like winter barley ears, grain fill looks great too!
Ya that was this morning I said I’d have a look after the night we had, it’s all still standing here anyway a few neighbours weren’t as fortunate, hopefully we get good weather now to bring it in and harvest it after the WB proving tricky so far. That field had a cover crop and got 2000g of slurry, I’ll try and keep it separate in the yard to see if there’s much difference in yield, although the rest of it looks to be the same at the moment.

Top picture is the crop of Laurette I posted earlier following Sunday night. 18 acres of flat crop. The bottom 2 are the mutant heads of Planet mentioned earlier somewhere... @CORK
My spring osr took a hammering also.

Attachments

• DSC_0122.JPG
    DSC_0122.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0137.JPG
    DSC_0137.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 85
Some poor barley and some very good barley. Top 2 pics, field looked good earlier, followed a zero grazed fodder crop but the drought took its toll, the bottom pics are from a field following FYM.

Attachments

• DSC_0165.JPG
    DSC_0165.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0164.JPG
    DSC_0164.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0154.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0158.JPG
    DSC_0158.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 47
Spring barley cut in South Kilkenny. February sown I assume but it looked a lovely sample from what I saw in the heap.

It's turning quick enough around here in the past week.

Spring barley cut in South Kilkenny. February sown I assume but it looked a lovely sample from what I saw in the heap.

Stuff around here cut that was sown around the 20th of feb after maize in good land. Was told it done 4.2t/ac with protein of 8.1 so passed for distilling for Boorthmalt. Another field for same farmer done just under 4t/ac

I've heard some SB cut in the parish yesterday, it seems the south Kilkenny lads don't have it all their own way this year :laugh:

Top picture is the crop of Laurette I posted earlier following Sunday night. 18 acres of flat crop. The bottom 2 are the mutant heads of Planet mentioned earlier somewhere... @CORK
My spring osr took a hammering also.

Wheres that flattened field? A couple of weeks ago I seen a field the Carlow side of Stradbally near the graveyard that had been nearly rolled, sad sight.

Back