Pigeon controll.

AYF

So I want to controll pigeons in my stubble turnips.
BUT
NO lound bangs
And NO killing!
Landlord has a wild shoot so wants them alive to fill the woods, and a lake he wants to atract teal onto is in the next field. Taeal are notouriously nervous so fair enough.

Plus there's a boarding kennels at one end of the field, so lots of nervous pooches is bound to spark complaints.

Any suggestions?

Some sort of kite in the shape of a bird of prey?. We've a few falcon's I think they are here and you wouldn't see a pigeon for dust in the same field as those lads.

I got a couple of scarecrows on amazon last year, around 20 from memory for the pair.
Worth a try at the price, like everything they'll buy you a bit of time..

Have portek hawk eye globes here, no pigeon or crow will go near them amd not too dear. Well worth a look

Reactions: AYF
Some string tied across the field with plastic tied to it.

May not be feasible if you are talking a big area though.

There used to be a tape available that vibrated in the slightest breeze when taut and hummed. It looked like tape from an old cassette ,if you’re old enough to remember them , only it was coloured pale blue. I think I got it from Bandon medical.

Continuing on a musical note, some gardeners hang cd’s over crops to deter pigeons by reflecting sunlight.

Thanks for all the reply's lads.
Did a bit of a crop walk and starting to wonder do we need it.
No sign of any pigeons and the crop is big so can handle a bit of pecking.
I will keep an eye however.

BUT
NO lound bangs
And NO killing!
Landlord has a wild shoot so wants them alive to fill the woods, and a lake he wants to atract teal onto is in the next field. Taeal are notouriously nervous so fair enough.

Plus there's a boarding kennels at one end of the field, so lots of nervous pooches is bound to spark complaints.

Any suggestions?

BUT
NO lound bangs
And NO killing!

Any suggestions?

Yes ring Chris packham,,,,, I'm sure he'll come up with a wonderful idea for pigeon control that doesn't include loud bangs or killing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: AYF
BUT
NO lound bangs
And NO killing!

Any suggestions?

Would he not have the shoot a bit sooner?

Back