Spring Barley - General Thread

Would I be right in thinking that was a south Wexford combine originally, it looks familiar and condition would definitely match where it came out of if I have the right one!

Lovely machine.

Plenty cutting around here too today but not everyone was lucky a few heavy showers around 3pm stopped play.

Moisture around 20%.
It was. I didn't buy direct from there but had to contact him the time of the taxing and registering machines some years back. T. D. If memory serves me.

AD9F74FF-6211-482A-B162-2629D1FB9CA1.jpeg 6486B2A9-0BEF-4508-BF62-EA7A7CFDE03C.jpeg
Two fields cut and went to start the third today and once the head was put on it opened the heavens so it’s backed into the shed.
All laureate white label seed for boorthmalt. first field was after beet and done 3.71t/ac. Second field was after barley and done 3.42t/ac. Moisture’s varied from a high of 18.9 down to 17.6 over the loads.

Christ, I went off with the family today. Maybe I should be cutting barley!!!! #guilt .....

I should have went off. Put head on after dinner. Started raining before I even had the reel going. Backed into the shed. Tried again there at 4:50 and moisture was 19.1. Got 30 yards into it and spilling again. Back into the shed again.

Boortmalt only taking in loads in New Ross tomorrow morning up to 8:30 because they have a ship of barley to unload!!

Bellends

• Made a start on Gangway today around 4 o’clock, worked for about an hour and then it pissed rain. There were three other combines working close by and they all escaped it.
  • Great looking grain in Gangway, it reminds me of a variety we had about twenty years ago I think it was called Ashling or something like that.E0BDC1E0-8F4E-4B12-A1ED-593F461D6350.jpeg FD389F85-652B-46E9-852F-ABF3C3A27C3B.jpeg 68162B38-FB27-469B-BFFB-A50FA2046E8C.jpeg

• Made a start on Gangway today around 4 o’clock, worked for about an hour and then it pissed rain. There were three other combines working close by and they all escaped it.
  • Great looking grain in Gangway, it reminds me of a variety we had about twenty years ago I think it was called Ashling or something like that.View attachment 68936 View attachment 68937 View attachment 68935

Sorry to hear you got stopped. Hopefully you’ll get more chances in the coming days.
Things look like improving more properly from Thursday onwards. Perhaps even a northerly wind which is usually good news in the south.

Funny you mention Aisling. The man in Goldcrop who runs the seed plant in Carrigtwohill made the exact same comment when he first saw Gangway 3 or 4 years ago.

• Great looking grain in Gangway, it reminds me of a variety we had about twenty years ago I think it was called Ashling or something like that.View attachment 68936 View attachment 68937 View attachment 68935
loved aisling barley here , it always yielded well and haven,t found any thing as good since so i,m looking forward to cutting our bit of gangway next week as it looks a good crop

Drawing Laureate this evening. It's brackled over very badly, more akin to Bog Man's and moisture was over 20%.

It wouldn't want to have seen much more rain. No trailer weighed so don't know about yields.

A few small squibs but escaped well from the rain compared to a few miles north of here.

Back