Daily weather forecast update

Pissing here again this morning I'd say we have only had 3 good days together in the last month.
Ground is getting wet now alot of ground ploughed and more burnt off.
Heap of silage still to cut

Bad start again for what was supposed to be a good day:no:, land in ok order after 200mm as we were in decent drought but I'm on dry land. Couldn't believe conditions in laois on Sunday. Like it hasnt rained up there at all.

Most second cuts still to be done around here. Next week looks more settled :undecided:

We had 300mm in Galway in August. We were very lucky to get 3 or 4 dry days the week before last and got second cut baled up with no damage, but what has fallen since that is apocalyptic. There are pools of water where I never say water lie before. We have a river flooded and it has taken aall of the fill in a crossing - even though it has a 4ft pipe through it. The river is just so high that i has brought everything in its path.

It's not as bad in Leitrim, but ground conditions are just as bad - we have had over 200mm. Some cattle housed, others will go in at the weekend. Plenty of grass, but they are going through it at incredible speed.

Bar a few drops we had a dry day, driest I ever saw for this time of year, grass withered under ash trees but good growth elsewhere.

Lovely morning here up to about 11am when the sun decided to leg it. It's threatened to rain a few times since but thankfully it held off. I'd say we'll get plenty before morning though. It has the blow of rain about it tonight.

Some day here :scared:

We had over an hour of heavy thunder and lightning from 11.30 this morning and then over another hour accompanied by heavy torrential rain.

Have never seen the former in Ireland to that extent. I was blissfully powerwashing thinking my next door was loading cattle up from me till I saw a flash reflecting on the sheeting of a shed :blushing::blushing:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but today marks the autumn equinox. So from today, hours of darkness are greater than light!

Saturday looks like a very early finish anyway, another inch due!

Last week, we didn't know what to do with the heat!!
Went round some stubble fields with the trimmer yesterday and couldn't believe how bad it had gone.

We had a lot less than that anyway about 12mm I'd say so far. To be honest it was lot less than expected so I'm happier!

Storm Lorenzo is more of a concern :sweat:

Ya we have had 20mm over the last 3days and that's not including what fell today and what will fall tonight, cows are housed here at night as land is very wet here now just out for a few hours during the day

Bar a few drops we had a dry day, driest I ever saw for this time of year, grass withered under ash trees but good growth elsewhere.
That was a week ago, no soil moisture deficit this evening, been chucking down all afternoon and more to come..:boat:

You'd want a rain guage the size of a 5 gallon drum to measure the amount we've had here over night, there won't be any planting done for a bit now!!! Cattle will be in too if it keeps on. As one of the older generation said 'if there's plenty of fodder around get as much as you can cause it will be needed'.

Back