towing car transporter after a tractor trailer

turbokid

hi, just wondering if anyone pulls a car transporter with a jeep or van on board after a tractor and trailer for getting home when landing at a job. is it legal?

hi, just wondering if anyone pulls a car transporter with a jeep or van on board after a tractor and trailer for getting home when landing at a job. is it legal?
Seen it done a couple of times. No idea on the legality side of it though.

This side of the water the revenue take a dark view of that even without the second trailer being used.

I cant see the law being over the moon about it tbh, it would be a fair train length if the towing trailer was anyway long.

In new Zealand my nephew tows a Ute behind a six furrow plough with a A frame .how they do it I don't know.

In new Zealand my nephew tows a Ute behind a six furrow plough with a A frame .how they do it I don't know.
I've put a picture up here before of the silage harvester I drove there with a Ute and diesel bowser in tow. That's the way I travelled every day, every machine incl the 6f semi mounted plough towed their own Ute for getting home. Ridiculous that we can't do it here, especially given the recent emphasis on reducing your carbon footprint, totally safe.

Safe...Until you meet someone on a narrow road who cant reverse. Could see an issue with some blind junctions too. Hard enough to get out with just tractor sometimes but not everywhere is that bad. Would advise check with insurance as it might not be covered like a normal trailer

Safe...Until you meet someone on a narrow road who cant reverse. Could see an issue with some blind junctions too. Hard enough to get out with just tractor sometimes but not everywhere is that bad. Would advise check with insurance as it might not be covered like a normal trailer
If somebody else is incapable of reversing well then that probably makes them the unsafe person in control of a vehicle :undecided: and a jeep behind a tractor and hedgecutter or the likes will still be much shorter than any tractor/trailer combo.

If somebody else is incapable of reversing well then that probably makes them the unsafe person in control of a vehicle :undecided: and a jeep behind a tractor and hedgecutter or the likes will still be much shorter than any tractor/trailer combo.
Yes, but the OP is talking about towing about 18ft of transporter behind a trailer

When i first started repping, its how i would deliver tractors and demo units, tow the van on an ifor williams flatbed (with ramps) and when delivered i would bring the trailer home behind the van.

Even further back, i worked with the Burden Bros, they have bailey silage trailers with up and over doors, and used ramps to put vehicles up inside them to get home of an evening.

When i first started repping, its how i would deliver tractors and demo units, tow the van on an ifor williams flatbed (with ramps) and when delivered i would bring the trailer home behind the van.

Even further back, i worked with the Burden Bros, they have bailey silage trailers with up and over doors, and used ramps to put vehicles up inside them to get home of an evening.
That's how we brought around the people carrier jeep at silage in Australia, drive it into one of the trucks drawing in, drive it up on some old 4wd tyres so when it slid over and back it didn't get damaged, although that was probably half pointless as everyone just drove the absolute bag out of it once it was taken out :laugh:

Back