Skidsteer/bobcat

Bcl

Lads, thinking of buying one for the yard, which are best, which to steer clear of?
Feeding out bales of silage, cleaning out tight sheds etc

we have a bobcat here, old case 1835? great job but I thnk some of the smaller telescopics would be almost as good. better lift and easier access, although it is hard to beat a bobcat for turning on its own space with the bucket clearing the internal post of a calving house.

Small Weidemann pivot might be a better option if the yard is a really tight fit. Skid steers are not very good off concrete unless you go with tracks

Looks like there's no point going looking at any so if they won't do what I want of them

Looks like there's no point going looking at any so if they won't do what I want of them
Go onto m and s machinerys FB page and scroll down through their videos, they have one of a fella filling a diet feeder flat out, can't seem to share the link.

I thought He was going to bring The sides of The tub with him :scared:

Rough operator

Seen a video on youtube compareing a normal skidsteer to the jcb version with single boom andside door the jcb looked a much nicer machine comfort wise and much handier if you need to gey out with boom raised. Only downside i think was limited visability to the right when boom was raised slightly otherwise it looked perfect i know if funds would allow id have a skid steer or compact loader to do feeding cause our yard is tight

Rough operator

Seen a video on youtube compareing a normal skidsteer to the jcb version with single boom andside door the jcb looked a much nicer machine comfort wise and much handier if you need to gey out with boom raised. Only downside i think was limited visability to the right when boom was raised slightly otherwise it looked perfect i know if funds would allow id have a skid steer or compact loader to do feeding cause our yard is tight
Limited visibility both sides with a bobcat when the booms at a certain height

There isn't enough motivational music in the world would persuade me. The price of one would be enough to sort any awkward sheds to allow a tractor into.

Easy to be critical but with the first place, if you were bouncing around over potholes in your own yard a few times a day like that you wouldn't be long filling them....

Reactions: Paw
I think Bobcats are a super little tool, on a farm I would see them as a very handy thing to have around, but not as the main loader.

Back