Massey Ferguson 7400

Considering the amount of bits it needs throwing at it 12k is probably closer to the mark.

Pughs have one for similar money but not listing faults it likely has

http://www.rvwpugh.co.uk/used-2128-Used-Massey-Ferguson-7480-tractor.html

And this has been on the market at least 12 months

https://www.cornthwaites.co.uk/products/massey-ferguson-7480/
That's going to be a problem for dealers where a older more complex tractor is real sick it isn't financially viable to put it right as it would owe more than its worth, where does their next home come from??

How long cornthwaites been case thought they were JD?

That's going to be a problem for dealers where a older more complex tractor is real sick it isn't financially viable to put it right as it would owe more than its worth, where does their next home come from??

How long cornthwaites been case thought they were JD?

John Corntwaite (the dad and the founder of Corntwaites) lost Jd in November 17,his son and wife took the other branch in a divorce settlement,they’re now the Corntwaite group (JD) with 3 depos,Kendal,Burscough and Nantwich.

Reactions: Win
Why would anyone let so many problems build up without doing something about them is beyond me :scratchhead:
There'd be plenty about who would just keep driving until it wouldn't go anymore, I can think of some round here that if you went round their tractors and pointed out what was wrong or might be about to give trouble they would be totally oblivious to it.

Trouble with that MF is even if you were to set about putting it right yourself in a worst case scenario it could be £12k in parts or maybe more.

There'd be plenty about who would just keep driving until it wouldn't go anymore, I can think of some round here that if you went round their tractors and pointed out what was wrong or might be about to give trouble they would be totally oblivious to it.

Trouble with that MF is even if you were to set about putting it right yourself in a worst case scenario it could be £12k in parts or maybe more.

I think We All know someone like that!!

Realistically the only home for that tractor is a breakers yard.

Regards the dobsons tractor it’s only the transmission pressure that puts me off,brakes and pto faults would be fairly easy to sort.

I think We All know someone like that!!

Realistically the only home for that tractor is a breakers yard.
But a breaker isn't going to give a lot for it, would be a long time getting money back selling parts off it.
Wud she need a new vario? She should be good enough with the vario sorted.
A salesman told me the seals wear, guessing contaminated oil causes it, brake material maybe.

I presume those 7465's can be safely mapped up to a 7480, ie 155hp, it's essentially the same tractor?

Back