Automatic 2nd hand small MPV

I think the Miriva has finally died at just shy of 16 years.
Looking for a replacement, and looking at
https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/automatic-venga-42-per-week/23714456
Anyone any experience with their auto box?

A girl that works with me had one. She has a problem with her hip and would have trouble getting into and out of an ordinary car. She got on well with it. It was an automatic. Good high up seating position. It was pretty reliable and she does a good bit of driving. She recently changed to a skoda yeti because she wanted a diesel and after less than 2 months had dpf problems.

I had a dsg touran,drove a dream but it would get stuck on a banana skin,knowing the dsg could be troublesome I got shut of it.

We've got a Honda FR-V 1.8 automatic. Great car, pity they stopped making them.
That’s the one with three seats up front? I enquired about them years ago but they didn’t bring the diesel variant into this country for some reason, think it was to do with high tax on the 2.2 engine.

That’s the one with three seats up front? I enquired about them years ago but they didn’t bring the diesel variant into this country for some reason, think it was to do with high tax on the 2.2 engine.

Yep, three in the front and three in the back.

There were 2.2 diesels when I was looking. Seems to be the same engine used in many Honda cars of that time. I think another manufacturer built those engines.

Yep, three in the front and three in the back.

There were 2.2 diesels when I was looking. Seems to be the same engine used in many Honda cars of that time. I think another manufacturer built those engines.
Think it was around 2010 I was looking and the dealers told me they'd have to import a diesel for me, a friend had a petrol one and apart from the average economy they loved it.

Think it was around 2010 I was looking and the dealers told me they'd have to import a diesel for me, a friend had a petrol one and apart from the average economy they loved it.
Interesting, I actually bought a 06 2.2 diesel for parts which was an Irish car originally. They finished production in 2009 I believe, perhaps that was the reason for importing. We get 40-42 mpg, quite happy with that once the engine is reliable. Nice smooth auto box in it, which really suits the layout in the front too. Saves elbowing the person beside you!

When the road tax went from being calculated on engine size to CO2 emissions in 2008, wasn’t the Honda 2.2d was a looser, having high emissions, resulting in higher vrt and higher road tax?
Other cars faired out better, the vrt and road tax dropped on Vw and BMW diesels.

When the road tax went from being calculated on engine size to CO2 emissions in 2008, wasn’t the Honda 2.2d was a looser, having high emissions, resulting in higher vrt and higher road tax?
Other cars faired out better, the vrt and road tax dropped on Vw and BMW diesels.

I was talking to a neighbour and friend of @diesel power on Thursday . He was driving a 2.2 D Honda Accord until very recently . The test was out , and as he said , "You would get fair sick of handing out €1000 a year road tax , but it was absolutely bulletproof ". It always stuck me as a fine solid comfortable car

PS , it was 05.

Last edited:
Back