New Holland 8560

Whether or not the head has been done is a start.
Listen for any crunches in the box changing gears
Also listen for a rattle when you switch off the engine, a sign the damper plate is on the way out
Thanks Kieran 97
Great advice looking a strong tractor for dump trailer. mowing, balin slurry was thinking new Holland 8560 or seen a Massey 8220 but don't know much about Massey any other make s yous might suggest.

Thanks Kieran 97
Great advice looking a strong tractor for dump trailer. mowing, balin slurry was thinking new Holland 8560 or seen a Massey 8220 but don't know much about Massey any other make s yous might suggest.
you could go even smaller to an 8360, screw it to the balls (if it somehow isnt already) and you be flying. wouldnt be much difference between an 83 and 85 if you feel unhappy about the 85

Last edited:
Thanks c41
The the 8560 need s 4 new tyres and the big hour s is off putting. Look ed at a 8360 with 8600 hour and she had a v hard life .I know a Tm190 is a big yoke would a 07 model be the reliable one's of them? .

Thanks c41
The the 8560 need s 4 new tyres and the big hour s is off putting. Look ed at a 8360 with 8600 hour and she had a v hard life .I know a Tm190 is a big yoke would a 07 model be the reliable one's of them? .
later ones would be more reliable than the older ones. but about the 8560, high hours is off putting but as long as its never missed a service and got everything that it needed over its life, be a fine bus

Just be careful buying the likes of that 8560 at them hours depending on what works been done to it in the past it could be a money pit everything would be getting worn it’s probably had the syncros done but check none of the packs are slipping their big money to do if their gone.

Thanks for that wise advice we want a solid strong tractor but we don't want something that will be costing more than paying for it s keep. Is there any other make s out there use would recommend around 160 hp .

Thanks for that wise advice we want a solid strong tractor but we don't want something that will be costing more than paying for it s keep. Is there any other make s out there use would recommend around 160 hp .
tbh ford/nh and masseys seem to be the only brands where you can find a decent tractor at that price point with 150-160. i could say a jd 6900 but like that 8560, hours be way up on them unless some might know where some are. there is a couple of 8360 in mcmurray tactors. be hard to find some early tm's at that price although i do see some alright looking tm150 on dd and the tyres might give you a couple of seasons depending how much you will be doing

tbh ford/nh and masseys seem to be the only brands where you can find a decent tractor at that price point with 150-160. i could say a jd 6900 but like that 8560, hours be way up on them unless some might know where some are. there is a couple of 8360 in mcmurray tactors. be hard to find some early tm's at that price although i do see some alright looking tm150 on dd and the tyres might give you a couple of seasons depending how much you will be doing
A Class should be found at that money.

Reactions: c4l

JD6900 Is Not 150/160hp.

Thanks Kieran 97
Why 160hp though?

Not advisable if The OP wants to have a tractor long term.
fair enough. reason why i suggested it is that it has the weight to pull a tanker, plenty of power for mowing and baling unless its a combi he has. can do a lot with 130-140hp when theres weight and wheelbase. he could go up another step to a 7700-7800 but those are big brutes of tractors

My boss is selling a 97 6900 small money would buy it it is driving a hedge cutter at the minit but you would have to do the engine but after that it is perfect id say 10.000 plus vat would buy it

Thanks Kieran 97

Imo, 140hp should do a lot as regards slurry and baling.

Given your budget appears to be around the 20k mark, I suggest a few options.

Late 8360 or early tm 135
Massey 6290
Could get a good late 6800 6900 John deere but getting rare.

Hours are second to general condition in that age of a tractor too

Reactions: c4l

I was in a similar position to you a few years ago looking for a tractor to do similar work. What I've found that tractors of that horsepower and price bracket will have their best work done.
As said above if you have to do syncros or clutch packs or work to the engine the tractor can become very expensive to run. I decided to up my budget and buy a newer tractor and I've never regretted it.

I was in a similar position to you a few years ago looking for a tractor to do similar work. What I've found that tractors of that horsepower and price bracket will have their best work done.
As said above if you have to do syncros or clutch packs or work to the engine the tractor can become very expensive to run. I decided to up my budget and buy a newer tractor and I've never regretted it.
Couldn’t agree more :Thumbp2:

Definitely better paying a bit more for a good tractor that’s been minded than buying something worn out that’s cheap. Any Tm at that money will have its work done same thing with 6900 Deere’s or a cheap 6290. You’d see they odd cheap tm165 or the bigger ones 175 or 190s but they have the power command gearbox you’d really want to know what your looking at to buy one of them.

Back