Australia

Its sickening for us it must be soul destroying if your there.
Its hard for us to comprehend the scale of it all.
But its a massive lesson to all of us.
Climate change is a pile of bollox it's caused by people running a country who shouldn't be there.
Its the men on the ground keep countries running.
Imagine how put of depth leo would be in a situation like that.

Its sickening for us it must be soul destroying if your there.
Its hard for us to comprehend the scale of it all.
But its a massive lesson to all of us.
Climate change is a pile of bollox it's caused by people running a country who shouldn't be there.
Its the men on the ground keep countries running.
Imagine how put of depth leo would be in a situation like that.
I dunno pal, the weather we have had here in the past 10 years has been noticeably different to what preceded it. Things are a changing and rapidly, bury your head in the sand if it brings you comfort I guess. My house is on a hill, I hope yours is too?

I dunno pal, the weather we have had here in the past 10 years has been noticeably different to what preceded it. Things are a changing and rapidly, bury your head in the sand if it brings you comfort I guess. My house is on a hill, I hope yours is too?
Weather last 10 years hasn't been far off the 30 year mean

I don’t know the whole band wagon climate thing in Australia is suiting certain agendas , when I was there 17 years ago they were after coming out of a 2 year drought in nsw, the man I worked with , his father told me that he often remembered 3 to 5 years of drought.
first and most important job before harvest was discing firebreaks on all fields , larger areas had bigger firebreaks. We were often stopped cutting if it was to windy. They are used to extremes out there and the biggest reason for the fires at the minute are lack of firebreaks and controlled burns.
Read somewhere recently that there was 10 times the amount of land burnt in fires there in the 50s I think , the loose of life is not nice but there was 4 times as many people killed then also.
People have short memories when it suits and weather history seems to be only 10 maybe 15 years ago.

I don’t know the whole band wagon climate thing in Australia is suiting certain agendas , when I was there 17 years ago they were after coming out of a 2 year drought in nsw, the man I worked with , his father told me that he often remembered 3 to 5 years of drought.
first and most important job before harvest was discing firebreaks on all fields , larger areas had bigger firebreaks. We were often stopped cutting if it was to windy. They are used to extremes out there and the biggest reason for the fires at the minute are lack of firebreaks and controlled burns.
Read somewhere recently that there was 10 times the amount of land burnt in fires there in the 50s I think , the loose of life is not nice but there was 4 times as many people killed then also.
People have short memories when it suits and weather history seems to be only 10 maybe 15 years ago.

There was a climatologist on the radio the other day saying that every 4 years there is a very hot summer causing fires and every 40 years there are extreme fires. The aboriginals were nomadic for 4 millennia for that reason.

Reactions: Paw
Back