Calf Colostrum replacement

granagh girl

I am changing from frozen dairy colostrum to powdered on account of the disease risk. What is other member's opinion of the products available? Especially quality and price.

I am changing from frozen dairy colostrum to powdered on account of the disease risk. What is other member's opinion of the products available? Especially quality and price.

I was at a discussion group meeting on Monday night and there was a vet there and he said none of them products are any good, the best thing you can give calves is the beestings from the cow and sheep's beestings is better again

Yes 'lough' I don't doubt that he's right. We have used frozen beestings for years and years but with so much TB around this area I'm afraid of feeding it to the calves along with God knows what other diseases the dairy herds have.

There are small pasturisers for the job. Don't know how much they are but know a few dairy lads with them.

Back