Covid 19

Anyone on here have any advice for parents who are forced to take unpaid leave by schools being closed. Company in question might not even allow this leave.

Anyone on here have any advice for parents who are forced to take unpaid leave by schools being closed. Company in question might not even allow this leave.
Crèches will have let go a lot of qualified child care employees.
Any chance you could find one to mind the kids? I’m sure they’ll be in high demand.
Or are there any teachers that could do a bit of work on the quiet?

I see brown Thomas, arnotts and now pennies now closed, is there really a need for them to all close? Any chance it’s just a good excuse to cut jobs and maybe transfer more business to online sale therefore reducing employees?
I know plenty places such as coops, merchtans, hardwares, super markets etc all open with a few restrictions etc but working away. Maybe I’m totally wrong but the country is not on total lockdown.

Its a bit sickening for parents who have to keep working or else take unpaid leave while more people get paid whether they work or not There was nothing to put these parents at ease from Leo last night. 1 cant pick up a new childminder around here in 24 hrs either. My experience is alot of the big multi national companies who are supposed to show some bit of understanding, ultimately dont give a shite.

I see brown Thomas, arnotts and now pennies now closed, is there really a need for them to all close? Any chance it’s just a good excuse to cut jobs and maybe transfer more business to online sale therefore reducing employees?
I know plenty places such as coops, merchtans, hardwares, super markets etc all open with a few restrictions etc but working away. Maybe I’m totally wrong but the country is not on total lockdown.

I guess it’s all about lowering congregations of people.

Clothes etc mightn’t be seen as priority compared to food or inputs that businesses rely on.

I would think most of them were doing very little business for last few days.

I guess it’s all about lowering congregations of people.

Clothes etc mightn’t be seen as priority compared to food or inputs that businesses rely on.
The other issue with clothes is people tend to handle a lot of stuff, local clothes shop shut the doors a few days ago.

The number of cases of confirmed CV-19 are doubling every 24hrs...even though they are only testing those being admitted to hospital with severe breathing difficulties.

So...doubling every 24hrs? I’m no mathematician but is that exponential growth?

Only those showing definite symptoms (admissions for severe breathing difficulties ) are being tested for the virus. These patients have been incubating the virus for many days, and unknowingly infecting others, therefore, the reported confirmed cases aren’t reflecting the actual amount of people infected? Or am I wrong?

There are over 9k confirmed cases as of today. It only took a few days to get to this.

Please take notice.
Isolation is the only way to slow the progress of the virus. If the numbers keep doubling it’s only a matter of time before the health services get overwhelmed. This is inevitable if the virus isn’t slowed.

When you mentioned it there I looked it up. 114 cases apparently. Not a lot for the population they have

For 2 days in a row China have had under 20 new cases. More importantly, for 2 days in a row, China have had only 1 internal new case - all of the rest of the new cases were from people who came into the country. Immunity is building. People are getting better. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd have reservations about what information either Russia or China give to the rest of the world, maybe what is given above is true but.............

Could the parents split the leave and each person work part time? They probably need professional advice. I would suggest citizens information centre helpline or inou. They will have an answer for you and put you on the right legal path within minutes.

I'd have reservations about what information either Russia or China give to the rest of the world, maybe what is given above is true but.............

Well there are plenty of reports from Irish people living in China which clearly show that the situation is abating.

The number of cases of confirmed CV-19 are doubling every 24hrs...even though they are only testing those being admitted to hospital with severe breathing difficulties.

So...doubling every 24hrs? I’m no mathematician but is that exponential growth?

Only those showing definite symptoms (admissions for severe breathing difficulties ) are being tested for the virus. These patients have been incubating the virus for many days, and unknowingly infecting others, therefore, the reported confirmed cases aren’t reflecting the actual amount of people infected? Or am I wrong?

There are over 9k confirmed cases as of today. It only took a few days to get to this.

Please take notice.
Isolation is the only way to slow the progress of the virus. If the numbers keep doubling it’s only a matter of time before the health services get overwhelmed. This is inevitable if the virus isn’t slowed.
Trouble is people just don't think before going out and about. I had to run to town this afternoon for a bearing and on the way home I saw 2 mammies out walking arse cheek to arse cheek almost they were that close and a bunch of kids trailing along behind them.
Herself went in for a few groceries this morning and the shop had free disposable gloves for customers and hand sanitizer and herself said she watched out of curiousity for a few minutes and pretty much everyone didn't use the gloves and very few bothered with the hand sanitizer. It's hard to combat stupid imo :no:

Everything seems to be business as usual around here apart from the mrs went to FG Rowland’s this morn and the boss Frank was the only one around,18 staff and only a couple of them in work.

All the ones I’ve seen in the last couple of days say don’t believe the hype.

My dad and step dad are quietly crapping it as they both have underlying health issues,step dad is going for his haircut later in the week though.:rolleyes2:

There will be a lot less people in the world in a few months hopefully most them vegans
Strange how emglish don't won't to be in Europe yet the can't stay out of it

I want to highlight these posts to make it clear that this attitude is not welcome here.

Hoping that people are dead because of their dietary preferences or tarnishing a people because of a political situation is not on. No wonder there is so much division in the world.

Consider this a warning.

My wife’s nephew is working in China with a few years and he says things are returning to normal as well. Though the area he is in wasn’t that badly affected.
There's a lady from cavan living in wuhan and she posts Facebook updates regularly. It's an interesting read.

A cousin of mine is working as a doctor in Hong Kong. The situation there does seem to be abating to some extent larger driven by the very tight control of the situation by the government.

It will take a lot of personal responsibility to curb it here which is lacking in society. The sad and disgusting thing is that people die all of the time in the world from preventible diseases, it's only when a disease comes barging in the door of the well off (and I include all in the western world in that including myself) that they sit up and take notice.

Some decisions to make here with spring crops, I have everything ready on the farm, ground ploughed, seed and fertiliser in the shed ready to go, problem is I live in Dublin 60km from the farm and I might not be able to get out of here in 2 or 3 weeks time, even if I get it sowed I might not get nitrogen on, get down 3 times for spray etc, dont wont to move down mixing kids with elderly grandparents etc, never would have guessed I'd have this problem 4 weeks ago!

I live and farm(part time) in Kildare. Office job so happy to help in any way outside of office hours- weekends/ bank holidays etc. Week off booked start June to go to Italy so won’t be going there anyway! Send me a pm if you need any help.

A cousin of mine is working as a doctor in Hong Kong. The situation there does seem to be abating to some extent larger driven by the very tight control of the situation by the government.

It will take a lot of personal responsibility to curb it here which is lacking in society. The sad and disgusting thing is that people die all of the time in the world from preventible diseases, it's only when a disease comes barging in the door of the well off (and I include all in the western world in that including myself) that they sit up and take notice.

Absolutely people only worry about things that can directly effect them. A few weeks back it was just a joke to most people including me.

Back