Ploughing

Ploughing the last 4 days. Selecting the driest fields. They are drying out grand. Serious drying here today. Stiff breeze and sunshine. Going direct drilling beans tomorrow.

I decided today to plough that field, the week is booked out with slurry and most likely next week too, have another 180 acres to plough on hire whenever I get all my own done, the Joys of contracting your own farm work always suffers. Hopefully it won’t turn out too bad

Attachments

• 5E217E49-EB58-4EA0-828E-514BC7BA30FB.jpeg
    5E217E49-EB58-4EA0-828E-514BC7BA30FB.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 6923344D-6F53-4038-B521-062FCBDB38FE.png
    6923344D-6F53-4038-B521-062FCBDB38FE.png
    890.6 KB · Views: 101
Right thats it, I can't fcukin take the constant barrage of ploughing pictures anymore. The sunshine and whitening soil is getting to me. Once I've the herd test out of the way tomorrow morning I'm yoking up to the plough.

Where ta fcuk did I leave the toplink now :laugh:

View attachment 75410 View attachment 75409 View attachment 75411
Pictures taken Friday evening, all going well there’ll be beans sowed tomorrow or Monday.
If we were to wait for the ideal conditions that some can aspire to, there be very little work done around here. Might get some spring wheat in this week too, which would be great, Not too often we get out to work this early in the spring.
It’s soaking out nicely today, a good drying day will have it right the one pass.
Remind me to take some pictures of this again.

You really need to buy a nice 390 or 1950 and a 2 sod conventional plough and start going to a few matches @ithastopay. You'll need discs though :Whistle2: Lovely job.

Some difference today, sunny south east and fantastic drying. Could be harrowing after the plough. Beans sown beside us and the first bit of SB gone in as well locally.

Plenty of tractors on the go today as well.

You really need to buy a nice 390 or 1950 and a 2 sod conventional plough and start going to a few matches @ithastopay. You'll need discs though :Whistle2: Lovely job.

Some difference today, sunny south east and fantastic drying. Could be harrowing after the plough. Beans sown beside us and the first bit of SB gone in as well locally.

Plenty of tractors on the go today as well.

I was reminiscing about such things yesterday, I was in a field that I’d ploughed with MF 290 4wd, pulling a kv 3 sod round beam 14’ before moving up to a 4 sod 14’ square beam.
No mobile phone, Atlantic 252 on the radio.

I was reminiscing about such things yesterday, I was in a field that I’d ploughed with MF 290 4wd, pulling a kv 3 sod round beam 14’ before moving up to a 4 sod 14’ square beam.
No mobile phone, Atlantic 252 on the radio.
And when youd drive under an electricity pylon with Atlantic 252 on the interference was dreadful. Always happened when your favourite song was on. Only thing about it was they played the popular songs about 20 times daily...

Bugger

that’s the heavy duty wheel. Did the pin pop out that caused it to bend open like that?

Ours had a habit of snapping the bolts that attaches it to the plough. I ended up welding it.
No the top piece broke as well, it was welded before I hate this wheel with a passion

Back