Todays Photo

Was just thinking the same thing, could have been bye bye Cosmo!
I cut the bag slightly then beat the bag enough to build up a good base of loose fert. Then lowered it down to sit on the loose stuff and cut the bag off. Strips of plastic everywhere from those stupid bags.

Should I have bucketed it in? Or what would other lads do?

I cut the bag slightly then beat the bag enough to build up a good base of loose fert. Then lowered it down to sit on the loose stuff and cut the bag off. Strips of plastic everywhere from those stupid bags.

Lift and drop the bag repeatedly on a concrete floor, if very bad a few belts of the side of the sledge all round the unopened bag, most of the time 4-5 drops from about 1 mitre will do the trick.

It's around 20 years that I lifted a half ton bag of fertiliser into the Vicon wagtail spreader and the handle of the bag broke. The whole unopened bag went straight through the fibreglass hopper. Seemingly there was a batch of fertiliser bags with weak handles and a good few had broken. The co-op rep in fairness got the fert supplier to contribute £300 to a replacement hopper.

It's around 20 years that I lifted a half ton bag of fertiliser into the Vicon wagtail spreader and the handle of the bag broke. The whole unopened bag went straight through the fibreglass hopper. Seemingly there was a batch of fertiliser bags with weak handles and a good few had broken. The co-op rep in fairness got the fert supplier to contribute £300 to a replacement hopper.
The fert supplier was lucky nobody was hurt!

How's the tractor going?
Is she a Cs or a cvx replacement
The 2 CS130's went in January, and I was thinking they'd be here forever! Got that 250 and a 235 that has the loader on it now. Like all new yokes they have a few niggles but so far so good.
CVX is still lurking around, but if I had to choose which to spend a day on it'd be the 250, may the vario gods forgive me for my transmission transgression......

Back