Thoughts on which 100HP tractor at €30k?

What’s the story looking at machinery/tractors in the lockdown, is it considered necessary to farming. Can’t see this lockdown been lifted for the next 2 months at least.

What’s the story looking at machinery/tractors in the lockdown, is it considered necessary to farming. Can’t see this lockdown been lifted for the next 2 months at least.
They won't keep the lock down for that long. That not realistic or partical.

They won't keep the lock down for that long. That not realistic or partical.
Maybe not, but the spike in Covid 19 cases is not due for another 2 to 3 weeks, so u would presume the lock down will ave to stay in effect for 3 weeks after the spike? Or else what’s the point in a lockdown. So at least 6 weeks from now??

I wouldn't be too keen on the Vision with the power shuttle. As I've said before Landini did things fine when they kept it simple but failed when more complicated. @massey 6480 and @Tim818 have Visions I think.

Not very knowledgeable on the JD's but I think that head gasket issue is more of a 6 cylinder issue.

I'd also have a look at a NH TLA or similar.

I'm surprised you are finding it difficult with that budget, I'd have thought there would be a good selection at that level.

God why did you tag me in this and remind me about that absolute lemon lol. It was the 2nd vision 105 we owned, 1st one with a dry clutch did like 9k hrs, one clutch kit across that time, no electronics to go wrong in, but as for the 2nd one, just far too many unreliable electronics that landini clearly had not perfected yet. And the other big issue with both the visions I had was the loaders tended to be too big and stick out too far, so they were dangerous when it came to bales and any sort of uneven ground. It's only since picking up the new MF that I look back and wounder why the hell did I mess around with bad cheap 2nd hand tractors like that for so long 2bh.

I'm in such a predicament atm.

Did a deal on a tractor about 3 weeks ago, was going to collect it last weekend when the lockdown was announced, and said I'd better not chance going for fear of being turned back as its 150km away from where I live.

Rang your man and explained the story and my concerns and he seemed sympathetic enough. Just have to wait and see.

I'm in such a predicament atm.

Did a deal on a tractor about 3 weeks ago, was going to collect it last weekend when the lockdown was announced, and said I'd better not chance going for fear of being turned back as its 150km away from where I live.

Rang your man and explained the story and my concerns and he seemed sympathetic enough. Just have to wait and see.
If stopped with it couldnt u say u need it for foddering cattle as uv already sold ur old 1 a while back

are low loaders still going are they not on the "list"?

@Kieran97 I met a low loader with farm machinery and a tractor on it in rooskey today so it could be an option. I did 200km in total today and didn't see a guard on the road. I have a lad planning on bring a meal bin to me later this week. Says he has delivered a few yesterday and today and met garda checkpoints but there was no issue.

I must have met 20 lorries on the road carrying logs. I surely thought they'd be shut down. Sawmills are not essential like food production is.

If stopped with it couldnt u say u need it for foddering cattle as uv already sold ur old 1 a while back

I thought about that alright but I'm not sure if it would wash.
@Kieran97 I met a low loader with farm machinery and a tractor on it in rooskey today so it could be an option. I did 200km in total today and didn't see a guard on the road. I have a lad planning on bring a meal bin to me later this week. Says he has delivered a few yesterday and today and met garda checkpoints but there was no issue.

I must have met 20 lorries on the road carrying logs. I surely thought they'd be shut down. Sawmills are not essential like food production is.

I'll have to wait and see what the story is, but the more time passes, the more I think these restrictions won't be lifted by Easter Sunday.

In that case, it's up to the haulier though.

I dont think we should ask can I get away with this?but rather, do I need to do this? If it's a yes to the second one then fire away

It's not essential travel, so I'm better off park any boss hoggery and wait it out.

I gave him a deposit, he said he'd hold it. What more can I do really.

I thought about that alright but I'm not sure if it would wash.

I'll have to wait and see what the story is, but the more time passes, the more I think these restrictions won't be lifted by Easter Sunday.

In that case, it's up to the haulier though.

It's not essential travel, so I'm better off park any boss hoggery and wait it out.

I gave him a deposit, he said he'd hold it. What more can I do really.

What have you purchased , Kieran ?

God why did you tag me in this and remind me about that absolute lemon lol. It was the 2nd vision 105 we owned, 1st one with a dry clutch did like 9k hrs, one clutch kit across that time, no electronics to go wrong in, but as for the 2nd one, just far too many unreliable electronics that landini clearly had not perfected yet. And the other big issue with both the visions I had was the loaders tended to be too big and stick out too far, so they were dangerous when it came to bales and any sort of uneven ground. It's only since picking up the new MF that I look back and wounder why the hell did I mess around with bad cheap 2nd hand tractors like that for so long 2bh.

I'm Sorry for bringing up bad memories Tim :blushing:, I won't remind you of the PowerMondial :rolleyes2::ban:

Back