Daughter Proven or Genomic Proof?

DC95

What are people's thoughts on Genomic proof bulls tempted to use a few this year. Would have always been daughter proven before and have always believed if theres no daughters milking you can't rely on the figures. Some of these Genomic bulls have very high fertility figures which is what is tempting me.

What are people's thoughts on Genomic proof bulls tempted to use a few this year. Would have always been daughter proven before and have always believed if theres no daughters milking you can't rely on the figures. Some of these Genomic bulls have very high fertility figures which is what is tempting me.
That's like saying you'd rather a guess than a fact?

i use genomic bulls but they,re like lucky bags in that you never know what you,re going to get , by the time you find out whether they,re good or bad they,re in a meat factory

That's like saying you'd rather a guess than a fact?
Don't have any experience using Genomic sires myself so I'm wondering how reliable the high figures on them are and if they're worth using or if I'm better off sticking with the daughter proven bulls.

Don't have any experience using Genomic sires myself so I'm wondering how reliable the high figures on them are and if they're worth using or if I'm better off sticking with the daughter proven bulls.
Well the reliability figures are often between 60 and 40%.

Used a lot of genomic bulls here since they were available. Best described as being half way between being a test bull and a proven bull. I'm very happy. Used a lot of SOK when he first became available, he made us up, however used a good number of WUZ also, he turned out to be a dud!!
When someone says "Let someone else test him" well I'm that someone else!! :laugh::laugh:

Like is said above, spread the risk with a number of bulls, they will never be dreadfully bad if they're a genomic bull from well proven parents anyway, it's a genomic bull from a genomic bull that's a bit risky IMO.

Back