What are you up to in the workshop?

Maybe wrong section of here but are there any ways to set pressures on this as in set a lower presdure for washing machinery etc
As @Liamo said
To set it properly you should fit a prssure guage. (Port on pressure relief value for one. )
Also remember that the valve should be set to suit the type and size of nozzle on the lance/gun.

Last edited:
Maybe wrong section of here but are there any ways to set pressures on this as in set a lower presdure for washing machinery etc

I looked at this last year and concluded that it was a v bad idea tampering with anything on the pump. as far as I could figure out the pump pushes X Liter of water a min depending on the speed of rotation and the pressure is decided upon by the size of the hole in the nozzle.

Thus the way I reduced the pressure was to get a different nozzle. Any powerhose shop will be able to supply you with one.

here we go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Pre...hash=item280604766d:m:m8LRNIjxgn6jy45NZhzZtig you dont need to buy from ebay you can buy locally.

Have a read of the description on how to pick a nozzle size

Why not reduce engine speed to reduce pressure. Pressure relief valve should not be used to adjust working pressure. It is designed to open when you release to lance trigger and resets when you pull the trigger to operate the lance.
If engine stalls on reduced rpm, use a larger nozzle instead

Anyone any good links for online sparex parts ? I want to upgrade my mirrors on the cs 94 to the extendable ones i searched around abit all i can find are sparex ones for over 200€

Anyone any good links for online sparex parts ? I want to upgrade my mirrors on the cs 94 to the extendable ones i searched around abit all i can find are sparex ones for over 200€
Would mde have some on the CS or tvt they have for breaking?? That's if the bracket on the cab is the same.

One of the many jobs being done to keep sane is a freshen up of our ride-on.

it lives outside and was approaching a point of no return so I've been treating it to a refresh and there's a bunch of bearings and the like en route.

Made up this bumper, partially because the front is getting increasigly battered but partially just to play around with pipe bending. I've only occasionally used my bender and never for more than one bend at a time. this was interesting to figure out the curvature and keeping it consistent across both sides.

Attachments

• 20200330_204314.jpg
    20200330_204314.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 89
The Avant skidsteer is back for hydraulic motor repair, the hubs are fitted to the motor shaft on a tapered sleeve and locked to provide drive with a key in a keyway. The key had sheared in one wheel and unknown to the operator the hub was spinning on the motor shaft wearing it down. When the other key on the same side failed there was no drive and I investigated. Seal was leaking on the last motor that the key failed on so it was a clean up job and new seal and key. The front which had been spinning was too loose to get tight and the hub was fitted too close to the motor to drive it closer to tighten on the taper. New motor and hub costs €1k so I removed the hub and using the lathe machined one mm from the back to let the hub tighten on the shaft without fouling the motor. A few shims on the outside and job was perfect. Plenty of crap to be cleaned out from the insides on the motor housing...
20200401_141211.jpg 20200401_141220.jpg 20200401_152440.jpg 20200401_153257.jpg

Right I need a bit of advice on how I might go about straightening these panels out. Rushing and tearing to go sowing I backed into it with the digger and the arm hit the bonnet and side cover.
20200401_102918.jpg 20200401_102912.jpg
Tbh I nearly cried when I saw the damage. While the paintwork is tatty there wasn't a mark in the steel work anywhere on that tractor. Taking a hammer to the dents will probably stretch the steel and fcuk it up altogether. Any advice very welcome

Right I need a bit of advice on how I might go about straightening these panels out. Rushing and tearing to go sowing I backed into it with the digger and the arm hit the bonnet and side cover.
View attachment 75930 View attachment 75931
Tbh I nearly cried when I saw the damage. While the paintwork is tatty there wasn't a mark in the steel work anywhere on that tractor. Taking a hammer to the dents will probably stretch the steel and fcuk it up altogether. Any advice very welcome
I'd be trying two blocks of timber sandwiching the panel and hammer one side. You'd be surprised how well it will pop back.
Alternatively get a sledgehammer and get cross with it.:whistle::ban:

Has anybody rebuilt an orbital unit before? Or know anybody that can rebuild them?
When you say rebuild
I had brakes contaminate the back end oil of 50 series deere.
The oil with filings then caused the orbital unit to stick.
Had to sunder it a couple of times till I got all the grit out.
Just took it out, dismantled , clean everything. Fiddly enough but doable.

Last edited:
When you say rebuild
I had brakes contaminate the back end oil of 50 series deere.
The oil with filings then caused the orbital unit stick.
Had to sunder it a couple of times till I got all the grit out.
Just took it out, dismantled , clean everything. Fiddly enough but doable.
D tractor is in a shed and d lad that is at it just told me d orbital is fudged.d steering was locked solid on d tractor and im not sure if it is valves stuck opened or if theres further damage

My neighbours quickie q36 soft drive is not working i checked and theres power at the solenoid and i took solenoid of at loader and powered it with battery is small click but not putting pressure if i hold valve closed the power wont open it . Any ideas ??

My neighbours quickie q36 soft drive is not working i checked and theres power at the solenoid and i took solenoid of at loader and powered it with battery is small click but not putting pressure if i hold valve closed the power wont open it . Any ideas ??
Coil gone weak?

D tractor is in a shed and d lad that is at it just told me d orbital is fudged.d steering was locked solid on d tractor and im not sure if it is valves stuck opened or if theres further damage
Shouldn't be that dear to replace if you have to. I replaced one on a massey (heavy steering problem) about €300 if I remember right.
Danfoss make most of them, so can be got spurious.

Back