Few pictures of stuff

All done and dusted with this until autumn
View attachment 75935
@gone your not the only one getting bogged
Only a small area maybe 20 meters square that I thought speed would get me through but it didn't so I got the brother in and dragged the drill through it. Whether anything grows remains to be seen. Pay no attention to the half ton sack shoved into the front of the cab. It only looks like it's blocking where a window should be :lol:.
View attachment 75936
The 3 triangles, a winning combination :clap::thumbup:View attachment 75937MF logo I mean.

2 weeks ago lads thought that it was going to be very late by the time ground would be ploughed. And now sowing finished by April 1st . In 2018 it was mid May when most of it was sowed. And it turned out ok

Home or away , dp ?

2 weeks ago lads thought that it was going to be very late by the time ground would be ploughed. And now sowing finished by April 1st . In 2018 it was mid May when most of it was sowed. And it turned out ok

Home or away , dp ?
I thought it would be the middle of the month myself before anything would be done the way the weather was. The drying has been unbelievable lately. That bitter wind of the past few days did some good.
All away work jf. Working both sides of Templemore. I drove the drill along the road this year between both places as the roads are quieter then normal and loading the drill on the bale trailer takes time. I'd say it's 25 years since we last roaded a MF30. The amount of salutes I got from old boys mostly was quiet amusing. All remembering their younger years :smile:

View attachment 75935
index.php
I can see that you might have loaded the drill and harrow with the Volvo but the 168 :scratchhead:

View attachment 75935
@gone your not the only one getting bogged
Only a small area maybe 20 meters square that I thought speed would get me through but it didn't so I got the brother in and dragged the drill through it. Whether anything grows remains to be seen. Pay no attention to the half ton sack shoved into the front of the cab. It only looks like it's blocking where a window should be :lol:.
View attachment 75936
The 3 triangles, a winning combination :clap::thumbup:View attachment 75937MF logo I mean.

Could you not tow the drill behind the power Harrow?

Jesus you had no bother hearing her yesterday when I was chatting to you and the next in line for the throne said they liked and wanted a John Deere as they were admiring my one!!!!!!!
:tt2::tt2:. Sure I might turn up some part of the day with himself to watch while your sowing that easy going man's barley :laugh:.

Jesus you had no bother hearing her yesterday when I was chatting to you and the next in line for the throne said they liked and wanted a John Deere as they were admiring my one!!!!!!!
View attachment 76052 You better hurry up !!!

More than one easy going man in that locality , :rolleyes2:

Didnt the young princes grandad buy a new John Deere in 18 or 19 ?

Going through some stuff here today and this turned up.
View attachment 76113

Was the 168 bought new or a couple of years old

I know the answer , but I'll let him answer himself .

I thought that it was traded for a Ford 7000 , and probably into G Jamieson, by its 1st contractor owner , but it would seem likely that it was a Leyland 2100 that replaced the 168 , going by Mahon and McPhilips.

Was the 168 bought new or a couple of years old
It was something over 12 months old when the uncle bought it. It was a demo tractor for Massey for a bit and the man who had it on demo liked it that much he bought it. My uncle got to know him well about 15 years ago and he said he always regretted selling it. He bought a Leyland instead and reckoned it wasn't half as good. Whenever the two would meet yer man always asked if the 168 was still here and how was it going. He always planned on calling over this way to see it but unfortunately he died of cancer before that happened. The log book has 1974 as the year of reg for the old lady.

Going through some stuff here today and this turned up.
View attachment 76113
Wow. We gave £4000 for ours in 1995. Amazing how they go up in value. We have it a full engine rebuild in 1999 costing £900. (date and price were stamped on the engine).

I tried to talk the ould lad around to trading it up to something with a better cab like a 290 or 390 but he reckons that he has too much invested into it in time and money. In reality it is a very cheap tractor to run. Maybe we will look at putting a new cab on it in the coming years.

Back