Online parts

I get a bit of Ford stuff off Foster New Holland in Arklow and I get it by post or Courier . He is one of the best parts men around .

I suppose the virus is fecking everything up with deliveries these days. Generally I find EBay quiet good.

What about Wm Jones in Nenagh? Myself and Dieselpower both get filters and oil from him . I dont know the situation with him at the minute , with the shutdown
He sends stuff out by post alright. I forgot about him. The brother got a large box of various filters from him 2 weeks ago.

Ordered a 2" petrol water pump off Micks garage online and was send the tracking number today.

All our dispatch processes are weight controlled to ensure that there is nothing missing from your order. The weight of your parcel is 0.025kg

Seems a bit light for my order. I reckon more like 25kg plus. Must be sending it in stages. Maybe filter first

He sends stuff out by post alright. I forgot about him. The brother got a large box of various filters from him 2 weeks ago.

He has posted filters to me . I sometimes collect smaller stuff , and he always delivers barrels of oil to me .

Ordered a 2" petrol water pump off Micks garage online and was send the tracking number today.

All our dispatch processes are weight controlled to ensure that there is nothing missing from your order. The weight of your parcel is 0.025kg

Seems a bit light for my order. I reckon more like 25kg plus. Must be sending it in stages. Maybe filter first

I was told that no couriers called to a large enough local business today , which is working on a Call and Collect basis , stuff brought to the gate for you .
So they will run out of lots of merchandise soon enough.

Hard to see how couriers could run profitably , with limited business , due to so many places closed

I ordered online from sj spares in keash early this morning. They emailed to say that they would have it to me by Monday. Even had a seal kit for the power steering pump that has a slight leak for the last few months.

Mucky, where about is your p/s leaking? Mine seems to have sprung a leak where pump is bolted into engine block. No clear sign of a seal kit on new holland website either

Mucky, where about is your p/s leaking? Mine seems to have sprung a leak where pump is bolted into engine block. No clear sign of a seal kit on new holland website either

Mine is in exactly the same spot. It's the most unusual leak. I can work it hard for days and it won't lose a drop, but then one day, you can see the oil dripping from it. It has been going on for 12 months or more now. I posted about it here last year but nobody could give me an answer. I went onto some US forums and found that it's a common thing with 4610's over there. They recommend taking off the pump and replacing all of the seals (Not just one). I can't link the seal kit that I bought but this one is similar:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRA...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

My mechanic is coming in the next week to do it. He says that he has replaced the big seal on the shaft in them a few times. Should be an easy enough fix for him.

Cheers for that.
Definitely unusual alright

I’ll get onto sj tuesday and get the kit too
Mechanic did it this week and I worked it hard today and it didn't leak. He put in only 3 of the seals that I had - he couldn't use them all as he said that some would not fit it. I wasn't with him but had instructed him to put them all in if he could. He says that there's 3 types of ps pumps on these tractors, all identical on the outside but different on the inside. Said you would have to have the pump off to know which seal kit to buy. Not much help to you I know. You may need to take your off and bring it to a super to get the right seals for it.

Back