Covid 19

To be fair from our own experience here with 3 at secondary school w in exam years -there is a steady stream of work being delivered daily and teachers are verifying its actually completed. Primary also sending out weekly work lists. Hopefully replicated throughout country but I’m impressed how quickly both kids and teachers have adapted

Not much going on with primary students! I agree the teachers of older kids are using whatever they can (teams, Skype etc) to have some class time but there's a lot of primary teachers that could do some tracing.
Would agree primary seems to be minimal engagement.

Not much going on with primary students! I agree the teachers of older kids are using whatever they can (teams, Skype etc) to have some class time but there's a lot of primary teachers that could do some tracing.
Cue the rush for pregnancy test kits if there’s any word of teachers being redeployed.......
:ban:

Heard on tipp fm the guards pulled in a lad in tipperary and asked him what was the reason for his journey, he said he was going to Leitrim to look at a yoke he seen on done deal :lol::lol::lol:
East Cork / west Waterford lad passing through...:whistle:

It'll not be happening. This is the initial phase of the first wave. They'll relax restrictions slightly in the next few weeks to let the virus spread a little further, then they'll tighten up again. Repeat until we've all got it basically. No way any government is going to make students sit in examination centres to get exposed, they'll let us get it out and about, but could you imagine the bad publicity if they forced a room full of teenagers to be exposed, no way.

That's not the impression that the chief medical officer gave today. He made it clear that the shut down will end when they have a proper system of contact tracing set up. It has also been put forward by other medical advisors that there will be hotpots - the last few days are showing this to be more evident with almost 40 nursing homes identified as hotpots. I understand that the restrictions will be relaxed over time, but this relaxing will be based mainly on location and age. It is likely that Dublin, with over half of the cases in Ireland, will be the last place to loft restrictions. Even when these restrictions end, there will be more restrictions based on how best they can control the rate of infection. Sadly, as mentioned in this thread already, it's about flattening the curve as opposed to preventing people from getting it. Some will be lucky and not get it. Others will have immunity and won't get infected. But the HSE are planning that 200000 people could become infected. And that's a positive spin on it. It could get a lot worse. Nobody really knows. But we are 4 weeks behind Italy. Luckily we are nowhere near where they were 4 weeks ago.

That's not the impression that the chief medical officer gave today. He made it clear that the shut down will end when they have a proper system of contact tracing set up. It has also been put forward by other medical advisors that there will be hotpots - the last few days are showing this to be more evident with almost 40 nursing homes identified as hotpots. I understand that the restrictions will be relaxed over time, but this relaxing will be based mainly on location and age. It is likely that Dublin, with over half of the cases in Ireland, will be the last place to loft restrictions. Even when these restrictions end, there will be more restrictions based on how best they can control the rate of infection. Sadly, as mentioned in this thread already, it's about flattening the curve as opposed to preventing people from getting it. Some will be lucky and not get it. Others will have immunity and won't get infected. But the HSE are planning that 200000 people could become infected. And that's a positive spin on it. It could get a lot worse. Nobody really knows. But we are 4 weeks behind Italy. Luckily we are nowhere near where they were 4 weeks ago.
We are definitely not seeing nowhere near the same amount of deaths here but as for infection rate we haven't a clue as the testing is so slow plus you basically have to be showing almost certain signs you have it to get tested. Most of us could have come into contact with by now and likewise maybe very few of us have come into contact with it and the issue is yet to really manifest itself. The plan is to let us get infected, but I still can't see the government putting on exams at all this year.
The slower this goes the better it'll pan out for us as in survivability, yet the more disruption it'll cause to our routine.

Only four people in Carlow have tested positive. I reckon you would have more chance of winning a prize in the Eire Og Draw than getting Corvid 19 .

Only four people in Carlow have tested positive. I reckon you would have more chance of winning a prize in the Eire Og Draw than getting Corvid 19 .
I don't think it's something to get complacent about, it may not be near now but could be on the door step next week!

Can't see people sticking to the staying at home thing either, they are starting to get fed up already and will start risking going somewhere.

Youngest lad is in 6th class. He got an email last Monday of homework and email about 10 days before that of homework. I just let him at it himself. They were on this manga high maths thing on line for a few days. So a bit of competition between them online for that . So the 2 emails is all the communication we've had from his teacher.

Youngest lad is in 6th class. He got an email last Monday of homework and email about 10 days before that of homework. I just let him at it himself. They were on this manga high maths thing on line for a few days. So a bit of competition between them online for that . So the 2 emails is all the communication we've had from his teacher.

Our oldest is in third class and the teacher has been sending stuff out by email weekly and updating stuff on the website daily. She has about 2 hours of work to do every day. Youngest is in junior infants and the teacher has really been working hard. He has a raft of stuff to do daily, she puts together a little pack for each child and sends it out every week.

Back