Bale trailers

Bought a stepframe from guy up near barrowhouse last year and converted it. Put coil springs in instead of the air bags worked out well. It isnt plated though however

Attachments

• 20190416_161306.jpg
    20190416_161306.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 160
  • 20190416_161244.jpg
    20190416_161244.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20181211-220936_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-220936_Snapchat.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20190923-214201_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190923-214201_Snapchat.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 159
Bought a stepframe from guy up near barrowhouse last year and converted it. Put coil springs in instead of the air bags worked out well. It isnt plated though however
You've done a nice job of that, does it sway much on coil springs or are they more than stiff enough?

but is that rule enforced? seen plenty of photos and vids of big fastracs and fendts with 4500g tankers in the uk and im pretty sure they over 19t
Tankers and spreaders are exempt but watch the gross overall weight.

I used 10 tonne coil springs and theyre fairly stiff. Small bit of sway over rough ground with load of silage bales but doesn't sway at all with straw
That's a stronger looking spring than I've seen on ones before, are the rods inside the spring specially made for that job? Ones I've seen have a chain I think.

That's a stronger looking spring than I've seen on ones before, are the rods inside the spring specially made for that job? Ones I've seen have a chain I think.
Just m16 treaded bar i used with locknut on either end

Yeah the very man very sound to deal with he cut the neck off and the front axle out from underneath it and even delivered it down to me. Was a 2009 double deck curtain sider originally so floor was excellent in it
Very sound... the yard wont win any tidy towns awards but none the worse for that.

No it probably wont but then again it would be nearly impossible to keep it tidy with the line of work he is in. He even threw me in a set of aluminium crash barriers off another trailer to put on mine
There is a concrete supplier a mile or two up the road that makes his place look like a spring cleaning job... no you couldnt keep it right st that game. He is a decent sort, tough but sound

There is a concrete supplier a mile or two up the road that makes his place look like a spring cleaning job... no you couldnt keep it right st that game. He is a decent sort, tough but sound
Yeah i couldn't fault him anyway even had different tyres to swap with any i wasn't happy with on the trailer i bought

Back