Price of parts

I noticed it dropping slightly so as it has an isolation tap I lifted it and closed the tap, it still dropped so I presumed the seal on the piston end was on the way out, ordered seal kit through dealer and left machine in for them to fit it, they took out the ram to discover that the barrel was scored and the seal slightly loose so probably a fault in assembly, machine was in the way so they reassembled the ram and put it back in to move it, If I wanted to get a copy made then it would have to come back out again and the machine would be immobile so most likely they would put it in an out of the way corner (not the nicest place to remove or refit) , throw in time constraints and the fact that at this stage I wasn't aware of the cost of replacement, also pin dimensions, replacement bushes down the line could be an issue so thought it better to use genuine.

I'd be shocked if Tom wouldn't be able to make an exact copy of the original and quick enough too https://www.japengineering.ie/ If you weren't in a hurry and Johnny Cash was available :wink:it might be possible to get one made in another place :whistle:

I'd be shocked if Tom wouldn't be able to make an exact copy of the original and quick enough too https://www.japengineering.ie/ If you weren't in a hurry and Johnny Cash was available :wink:it might be possible to get one made in another place :whistle:
Same as that,local ram crowd would be well fit to copy any ram regardless of what it came out of,pin bushings and all that would be exact same,the one thats in it has to come out regardless,and i very much doubt you would be parting with half of what you did,
He made a ram for a forum member last back for a reversable plough and iv a feeling it as about half price of the genuine.

Same as that,local ram crowd would be well fit to copy any ram regardless of what it came out of,pin bushings and all that would be exact same,the one thats in it has to come out regardless,and i very much doubt you would be parting with half of what you did,
He made a ram for a forum member last back for a reversable plough and iv a feeling it as about half price of the genuine.

I was thinking of a couple of lads up your way that could do the job either but couldn't remember names, one I'd rather forget anyway as I had a bit of a run in with him when doing a delivery once upon a time. My opinion of this boy would be far too rude to post here. :2guns::2guns::2guns:

I was thinking of a couple of lads up your way that could do the job either but couldn't remember names, one I'd rather forget anyway as I had a bit of a run in with him when doing a delivery once upon a time. My opinion of this boy would be far too rude to post here. :2guns::2guns::2guns:
which one as theres two? But the man im speaking of and i think the man your thinking are different men id say,theres two in the one town.

which one as theres two? But the man im speaking of and i think the man your thinking are different men id say,theres two in the one town.

I know of the two but can't remember either of their names.

Edit: I just had a look on Google maps and I think it might have been CT I had a run in with, would he be a firey type?

Last edited:
Looking for a couple of these anyone any links to them can't find them anywhere but not sure what name to be looking under

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_162844.jpg
    IMG_20200318_162844.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 108
How many € for the ram on the boom on the Berthoud Sprayer in Murphy’s in Kilkenny. The prize is a packet of peanuts in the Dying Cow near Tinahealy if it opens and you can find it .BA7790C2-0CCC-441A-958D-83DB50D8589A.jpeg

We were going to repair it but he had about five rams to do . I said there was no point ringing Murphy’s but I had to take back all that I have said about them over the years.
€200 plus Vat . Usually parts for Berthoud are very expensive. I know of one farmer gets parts in Eastern Europe

My thinking was correct

We were going to repair it but he had about five rams to do . I said there was no point ringing Murphy’s but I had to take back all that I have said about them over the years.
€200 plus Vat . Usually parts for Berthoud are very expensive. I know of one farmer gets parts in Eastern Europe
I'm going to get some funny looks when I go into the Dying Cow and ask for the bag of peanuts a Carlow grain baron offered as a prize in an internet competition.

I'm going to get some funny looks when I go into the Dying Cow and ask for the bag of peanuts a Carlow grain baron offered as a prize in an internet competition.
With any luck the peanuts will be complimentary . In Baltinglass Garda station guards new to the station were always tasked with raiding the Dying cow . Even Marco Polo would have a job finding it on a wet December night particularly coming from Baltinglass .

With any luck the peanuts will be complimentary . In Baltinglass Garda station guards new to the station were always tasked with raiding the Dying cow . Even Marco Polo would have a job finding it on a wet December night particularly coming from Baltinglass .
even when you know where you're going it's hard to find and harder to get out of

Well if you dug a little deeper you would have found it is a €10 + vat for delivery so Atkins are dear but not as bad as you think. Now if you lived in Tullamore where you could collect it from Agri Spares on line then Atkins would be raping you on the price................................................................................................

Well if you dug a little deeper you would have found it is a €10 + vat for delivery so Atkins are dear but not as bad as you think. Now if you lived in Tullamore where you could collect it from Agri Spares on line then Atkins would be raping you on the price................................................................................................
Its 5 plus vat for delivery with the cheaper crowd. My diesel going into Atkins would have cost that.

https://www.atkins.ie/farm-shop/lubricants/grease/maxol-m-3-p-ep2-grease-12-5kg-ol8442
Got this in Atkins today and did think it was dear when paying for it. Decided to have a look online tonight to see what others were charging. Got screwed I think.

https://www.agrisparesonline.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=38123&search=Grease

Are Atkins dear or are the other crowd cheap? Did you check prices with other suppliers?

To be fair, agrispares online and Atkins are running different kinds of businesses -

The online business is set up as a low overhead - stack em high sell em cheap model whereas the Atkins model is the traditional higher cost model and needs a higher margin to have it.

If you're not happy with the price, why did you buy it? you can return it unopened I'm sure.

Back