Lidl / Aldi Offers

I don't think they are. I went into NI there now for a look and they are 99stg. I was looking on the UK website and it says they can cut up to 9mm. On the NI and Ireland website they can cut up to 12mm and it makes it very clear that they come with a 16amp plug. The UK website doesn't mention the plug

Not the same, the one I got a few months ago is PPS 40 AI same as @MF30 's for €130, todays Irish offer is PPS 40 B2 for €120, the one in the UK is PPS 30 A1
I stand corrected so.
Fair play.
A lot of companies do it so I'm a cynic

Not the same, the one I got a few months ago is PPS 40 AI same as @MF30 's for €130, todays Irish offer is PPS 40 B2 for €120, the one in the UK is PPS 30 A1
I saw them today also, think the B2 just means latest product compared to A1. My machine is identical to today’s offer. Also I have the old box with receipt that came with it for warranty and on 20/2/19 it cost €119 also, my mistake on the €130.

Two useful ones in lidl this week.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/car-accessories/trailer-net/p39599
I'm mildly OCD about towing, was on the wrong end of a detatched trailer years ago. I have one of these nets for the ifor and find it a great job. I also have an 8 year old boy who thinks its amazing for making traps. either way is a good result for a tenner.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/car-accessories/10w-led-flooder/p39608
I have a cheap one of these and think it's the business. no way mine would do 5 hours, but it was less than half the price.

Two useful ones in lidl this week.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/car-accessories/trailer-net/p39599
I'm mildly OCD about towing, was on the wrong end of a detatched trailer years ago. I have one of these nets for the ifor and find it a great job. I also have an 8 year old boy who thinks its amazing for making traps. either way is a good result for a tenner.

I have a cheap one of these and think it's the business. no way mine would do 5 hours, but it was less than half the price.
The nets for trailers are hard found,might be a good opportunity to stay within the law.i use one for hauling firewood and its handy and safe

Had one of these picked up today, just been handed it, seems very good quality, well built, also worth mentioning it doubles as a power bank, if you need one, there are 2 USB outputs on the back so can charge other items.

Also a good study bracket to sit it in the right position, then final bonus is 4 magnetic mounts so it can be stuck to any metallic surface.

Not cheap (by Lidl standards) but very useful.

discussed this on another forum re starter welders. if you want mig I don't think you'll get a better mig for the money. but no one should learn on mig, they should have to suffer like we did :)

stick current is very low, it's not going to be up to much.

Lidl do have a great returns policy!

discussed this on another forum re starter welders. if you want mig I don't think you'll get a better mig for the money. but no one should learn on mig, they should have to suffer like we did :)

Thanks. Have stick welded in the past but long time ago. Looking to get going again

John what starter stick welder would you recommend? Could do with getting something here at some point as well as an angle grinder

John what starter stick welder would you recommend? Could do with getting something here at some point as well as an angle grinder

On the angle grinder front you would see some good combo deals from the likes of hitachi with a 9” and a 115mm grinder package. I reckon the small one is great for small stuff but the big one comes into its own for heavier work, cutting and grinding of bigger items. And now they are very affordable. I think those combo deals are c.€150. And handy for the light user like myself who would not be using day in day out

you pays your money and take your choices really. I'd reccomend an inverter from a mid-range brand. unless you're on the tools there's no point spending miller/lincoln money.

Something like the esab buddy https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESAB-Bud...157484&hash=item3631a625b3:g:a~0AAOxyWalR5qx8

I had the thermal arc version and got on well with it, sold it to fund the purchase of a big mig/tig/arc thermal arc.

Jasic is a newis far eastern brand but I know one or two with them, and I think someone on here has one too and not heard a bad word about them.

or parweld would be in a similar category https://wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=831_69_649&product_id=5769

Those machines arent starter arc welders, they're all the arc you'll ever need, capable of running 4mm rods and not outlandish money.

On the subject of rebadged Parweld welders, has anyone got or used one of these?
https://wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=834_43_81&product_id=5278
I’m saying for a while that I’d love to buy a mig. The money seems very good for 250 amps. I wouldn’t be doing a huge amount of welding but would be very handy for welding lighter box or the likes rather than the arc welder.

heared good things about parweld mig welders, in all honesty that’s not bad money for 250amps.their not an awful complicated item most of them are very similar, and it won’t be used all day everyday either :weld:

Just bear in mind that the 9 inch Hitachi in the bundle offer is a lower wattage grinder than a heavy duty hitachi, about €50 dearer too but some power in the bigger one. Not bombproof either, I’m on the third one in about 15 years without savage use. Armature failed in one, gearbox packed up in the next one, I made one from the two and after a year something else went so I went for third time lucky with Hitachi.

Just bear in mind that the 9 inch Hitachi in the bundle offer is a lower wattage grinder than a heavy duty hitachi, about €50 dearer too but some power in the bigger one. Not bombproof either, I’m on the third one in about 15 years without savage use. Armature failed in one, gearbox packed up in the next one, I made one from the two and after a year something else went so I went for third time lucky with Hitachi.

I had the cheap Hitachi failed just outside warranty got the dear one failed outside warranty so I said I'd get a metabo.
Burnt when the shed went on fire :curse::curse:

Welding with the stick put me off welding, I have a mig now for the past year :thumbup::clap: I'm welding stuff now I never would have before with the stick. She's paying for herself already.
Don't torture yourself with a stick

Thanks for the info lads :Thumbp2: will not be rushing into getting anything as have a few other things to sort first but want to make a proper work bench at some point. I think it was @JohnBoy put up a link to one on some 4x4 group which I always thought was a superb job. I would just need to make it smaller and it would be some home schooling for the kids

Thanks for the info lads :Thumbp2: will not be rushing into getting anything as have a few other things to sort first but want to make a proper work bench at some point. I think it was @JohnBoy put up a link to one on some 4x4 group which I always thought was a superb job. I would just need to make it smaller and it would be some home schooling for the kids
I suppose after the tractor your OH will expect you to keep the hands in the pockets for a while and not be buying.edit forgot smiley :Thumbp2:

Is it a welding bench you are talking about, there is a thread here somewhere and there is a few good links in it. I have a 10ft x 5ft 15mm sheet of steel got for a bench, just need time now to make it

Back