Tik toc videos showing reckless behaviour our

I think I massively disrespects people who lost their lives in farm accidents through no fault of their own. The carry on by these fools is shocking and I think they should be made a example of by the gaurds. Also should tic toc not be held accountable abit aswell??

Being an idiot isn't against the law, nor is broadcasting it.

I understand your opinions and of course they are valid. The fact though remains that most farms are losing money and can't afford to improve. You can say it's not an excuse but it kind of is the problem. I'd say 90% of farmers would improve their farm facilities before spending it on their own home, but the money just isn't there to do it.

Get a new career then.
If someone gets killed on your farm your out the road anyway. So what’s the difference?
I did stupid shit when I was younger on machines but this takes it to a whole new level.

And travel miles ontop of a badly constructed and poorly tied load of little square bales, nearly falling off was all part of the fun
And the load swaying from side to side, I remember drawing straw with the local contractor galvanised lorry body silage trailers and going 4-5 rows over the sides, after unloading in the yard and facing the tractor for the road the wheel bearing went and the wheel cane out.

Th
yeah everyone that survives has these lovely childhood memories.
this is it exactly. They were different times and different circumstances for many many reasons.

Machinery smaller and slower. No 40k no 50k. Less awareness. No national reporting of stats. Etc etc.
and no end of victims and life changing injuries that were not reported in figures, other than being remembered by their families and maybe locally.

What are we a nanny state? There is a distinct difference between taking a quad up a bank or sitting on a harvester spout and road racing tractors here. Anything in the public space should never happen, if you are knowingly endangering just yourself then that's up to you. Are many farm deaths or accidents really linked with this stuff. As I've said it's mostly down to slurry gases and cattle and unfit machinery, occupational hazards which imo farmers don't have the income to address

Th

this is it exactly. They were different times and different circumstances for many many reasons.

Machinery smaller and slower. No 40k no 50k. Less awareness. No national reporting of stats. Etc etc.
and no end of victims and life changing injuries that were not reported in figures, other than being remembered by their families and maybe locally.

When I think back at the things that were being
done when I was small it gives me shivers

What are we a nanny state? There is a distinct difference between taking a quad up a bank or sitting on a harvester spout and road racing tractors here. Anything in the public space should never happen, if you are knowingly endangering just yourself then that's up to you. Are many farm deaths or accidents really linked with this stuff. As I've said it's mostly down to slurry gases and cattle and unfit machinery, occupational hazards which imo farmers don't have the income to address
There are a good few non farming accidents go down as farming. Last year a lad fell off a loader bucket painting his house, another got into bother emptying his septic tank. Neither were farmers just happened to own tractors. Was the guy in the video ramping on the quad farming or just dicking around outside a house?
Farming has never been safer, farmers are a lot more professional in the way they go about their business. A lot of accidents happen at the other end of the age spectrum where lads are just not able anymore to be handling cattle. Young lads get a bad rap imo.

I said it when they came out years ago. Smart phones will be a disaster especially for younger people.. and these antics are a direct result of it

It was fairly normal to travel on the drawbar back in the 70’s and 80’s, not saying it was right by any means.
mate of mine's dad was crushed between a tractor and dolly trailer when he was on the drawbar. Pin skipped out. He lived to tell the tail but is still suffering 15 years on.
Mate was driving. He can't be near machinery without a serious fear in him after seeing his dad there. Blames himself.

Drawbar is dangerous enough but know a man that used to stand on the pickup hitch of the tractor in a slightly lowered position, lost part of his foot when the tractor raised the hitch, old 4000 ford I believe.

There are a good few non farming accidents go down as farming. Last year a lad fell off a loader bucket painting his house, another got into bother emptying his septic tank. Neither were farmers just happened to own tractors. Was the guy in the video ramping on the quad farming or just dicking around outside a house?
Farming has never been safer, farmers are a lot more professional in the way they go about their business. A lot of accidents happen at the other end of the age spectrum where lads are just not able anymore to be handling cattle. Young lads get a bad rap imo.

Yes they do, ‘young lads’ are known for being bravado fueled bollix’s, we all did stupid crap when in our late teens early twenties, it’s just varying degrees of gobshitery is all.
Problem now a days these new generation are trying to outdo each other on ‘tik chat’ and ‘snap tok’ etc.

Back