Cheap Reliable Tractor

I am using a 4 cylinder already on a 12 ton dump trailer and it handles it fine, it is all of road on rough ground so I get no speed up. At the minute I fill the trailer and then go and tip it and the digger is sitting doing nothing, the plan is I would fill the trailers and my father could dump them. I would be planning on selling the tractor again. I was thinking something like a Ford 8210 or a small TW but don't know if they would be in budget or not
Could you hire the digger yourself, fill them tip then fill and repeat, or your father could
drive the tractor and you the digger, save 10,000.
Am looking for an old tractor too, and what am seeing dot 10 or 15 isn’t encouraging.

If its only use is for a dump trailer , and depending whether you have the trailer already . If you have to buy both , a 6 or , the real job , a 9 ton dumper , are better alternatives, especially if no road work and difficult terrain.
Not cheap to buy though , but built for the job .

The cousin bought a 6 ton kubota one a few years ago for handy enough money. Atm its moving clay that was dug out of drains off the field and drawing it a distance similar to @lough job. He is loading it with his own dash 1 hitachi. The lad he has driving it is able to move 50 plus loads over a load day driving down across 25 acres of land each way.

I had a look through Done Deal this morning at dumpers and this might be a better option. You would get a good 9/10 ton dumper for 10k

@lough @lough @lough

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-tw-15/24912090?campaign=3

ten grand TW :tt1:

NDk4N2M1ZGI5OGIzMTIwZGQ4MjYwMjI0MWJkNjZmMGOD7j5SvJEPfT3rZdbJT3MzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc1Njk5OTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It's nice all right but I might have to reassess the idea for the minute, I'm leaning more towards the dumper or a 6-8 dump trailer and put it behind the 168.
I was talking to a contractor today about dumpers and he is selling one of his and is replacing it with a newer one, but is waiting for it to come from England in the next few weeks.
I wouldn't rule something like that out in the future and put the backend of a Volvo dump truck on it, but that job depends on circumstances outside of my control.
Would that tractor not be worth a bit more

It's nice all right but I might have to reassess the idea for the minute, I'm leaning more towards the dumper or a 6-8 dump trailer and put it behind the 168.
I was talking to a contractor today about dumpers and he is selling one of his and is replacing it with a newer one, but is waiting for it to come from England in the next few weeks.
I wouldn't rule something like that out in the future and put the backend of a Volvo dump truck on it, but that job depends on circumstances outside of my control.
Would that tractor not be worth a bit more

I forgot about your 168, how rough is your ground up there that you are digging out and is the 168 safe with good brakes and a roll over protection? Be nothing wrong with an older 14x8 trailer with 2ft sides on it behind that which may just get you out for a long time with very minimal spend:scratchhead:

Something like this I had in mind:
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/two-trailers-and-scaffolding/24053329

I forgot about your 168, how rough is your ground up there that you are digging out and is the 168 safe with good brakes and a roll over protection? Be nothing wrong with an older 14x8 trailer with 2ft sides on it behind that which may just get you out for a long time with very minimal spend:scratchhead:

Something like this I had in mind:
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/two-trailers-and-scaffolding/24053329
Just to update this thread, I bought a 9 ton dumper in May, excellent machine on short hauls, not as big of a capacity compared to a dump trailer but makes up for it in short hauls, very speedy turnaround and brilliant at stock piling fill, you have no need to keep going back to the pile with the digger to keep pulling it up higher. I should have had one sooner, the price of diesel took the fun out of it this year.

Back