Ford/New Holland

Need a bit of help from the New Holland heads

can you tell me what the bottom light in this photo is for? New Holland Tm 140. Light comes on at and after starting and could stay on for 15 mins or so. But goes away then

edit. Damn photo is on its side, the red light on the right

Attachments

• AE9C0E51-528C-417B-B228-A28DDD8F458D.jpeg
    AE9C0E51-528C-417B-B228-A28DDD8F458D.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 75
Need a bit of help from the New Holland heads

can you tell me what the bottom light in this photo is for? New Holland Tm 140. Light comes on at and after starting and could stay on for 15 mins or so. But goes away then

edit. Damn photo is on its side, the red light on the right
Has it got air brakes fitted? Looks like something to
do with brakes by the symbol anyway,

went baling today with the tm and the pto stopped on me and the engine revs went to 0 on the dash. kept trying to turn on the pto again but nothing. no lights came on the dash. you might be surprised but i turned the tractor off and back on again but nothing and the dash was still at 0 with the engine revs. checked the fuses and nothing wrong their and the pto switch is fine. half an hour later we tried the pto again and it works fine. for the past week the engine revs on the dash were fluctuating after a few hours work and dad was saying the pto did the same thing on him when he was mowing yesterday. any ideas on what the problem is?

went baling today with the tm and the pto stopped on me and the engine revs went to 0 on the dash. kept trying to turn on the pto again but nothing. no lights came on the dash. you might be surprised but i turned the tractor off and back on again but nothing and the dash was still at 0 with the engine revs. checked the fuses and nothing wrong their and the pto switch is fine. half an hour later we tried the pto again and it works fine. for the past week the engine revs on the dash were fluctuating after a few hours work and dad was saying the pto did the same thing on him when he was mowing yesterday. any ideas on what the problem is?
Possibly the alternator.

is it not charging the system properly?
Isn't there a button you can press to see volts on the tms. No harm use a multimeter as well. Could be a sensor. Could be an earth. Check the connections on the battery

is it not charging the system properly?
If the regulator or diodes are faulty, it might be charging on and off sometimes. If the voltage drops below let’s say 12.5 volts the ECU detects that the engine has stopped and disengages the PTO. The fact that your rev counter is acting up points to the alternator as this sends the signal to the dash.

Isn't there a button you can press to see volts on the tms. No harm use a multimeter as well. Could be a sensor. Could be an earth. Check the connections on the battery

If the regulator or diodes are faulty, it might be charging on and off sometimes. If the voltage drops below let’s say 12.5 volts the ECU detects that the engine has stopped and disengages the PTO. The fact that your rev counter is acting up points to the alternator as this sends the signal to the dash.

Can be a loose wire on the alternator if you’re lucky but usually more serious.
thanks lads

Gave the connections behind the alternator a clean. Dashboard isn't bugging out on us so far

Very clean, I know it is very basic though for most
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2003-newholland-ts90-no-vat/24879249

ODNlYTFlZDczY2ZiMTE1MGQxMGE1MzFmMjk0NDlmNzE7PLGjiYyGvU6mOY-3InIvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDczMzE0NzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

hi all I have an 8560 1998 17k hours when you turn it on alls good but after a very short time where the number showing the height of the lift is code 14 starts flashing and it stays like this any ideas how to get rid of this heres a pic of the dash thanks

Attachments

• 20200606_222509.jpg
    20200606_222509.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 27
are they main dealers for any make or is it a farmer dealing in a few tractors as all the photoes are taken in a farmyard, they do have some very tidy tractors and seem to be priced ok most of the time
Farmers trading in various bits of machinery, moving a lot more stuff the last few years

hi all I have an 8560 1998 17k hours when you turn it on alls good but after a very short time where the number showing the height of the lift is code 14 starts flashing and it stays like this any ideas how to get rid of this heres a pic of the dash thanks

Error Code 14 -Open Circuit Connection To Load Sensing Pin, Short Circuit To Ground
Or Failed Load Sensing Pin

Back