At the mart...

Small young calves are not in demand but good 5/6 week old aa/he under a cow will make from €220 up .I got over €300 for he Buls &hfs but they were reared

Are they drinking the cow ,drinking from a feeder or bucket fed,is there a nice shine off them or are they weak and hungry looking, alot of variations but if they are young from €60 upwards
Drinking from a feeder on milk replacer ,strong looking young calves off big Holstein cows!

From the reports I have heard, mart prices are back a touch this week for all types of store stock but that is more down to a scarcity of grass short term than anything else if I was guessing.

Yes,I’m most impressed by the bull calf that made £295,he was a good lad to be fair.

My grandad had a saying “Owt bought in June should be sold in June”
we must tell you about calves not being important , milk is all that matters, get rid of them as soon as they,re dropped :Whistle2:

thats €600 for a few 2 month old calves :eek3:, well done, who is the person that values them so high:scared:

We started selling them 12months ago and a few who usually buy beef calves have started buying them ,they think there’s more money in them.:undecided:

All credit goes to my mrs as to how well they look,she really is a great calf rearer.

Back