Massey Ferguson 175 cab

mtb

Hi All.
I have a Massey Ferguson 175 which I bought a few years back. I had originally bought the tractor as I had learned to drive on one when I was younger and our own one was sold 30 years ago. Any how I have since got the multi power reconditioned,lift pump upgraded and had some shafts replaced in the gearbox due to pitting while it was split. I am looking to be able to use the tractor a bit more and so i am looking for a cab .
My question is that it has no cab and I was wondering what type one cab would look best on this tractor to keep the original look. I cant seem to find many pictures on the internet where there are cabs fitted to 175 tractors.

A Duncan safety cab would be the norm hear-abouts ,single door at that time bearing in mind with being bolted solid they were hellish noisy.

Hi All.
I have a Massey Ferguson 175 which I bought a few years back. I had originally bought the tractor as I had learned to drive on one when I was younger and our own one was sold 30 years ago. Any how I have since got the multi power reconditioned,lift pump upgraded and had some shafts replaced in the gearbox due to pitting while it was split. I am looking to be able to use the tractor a bit more and so i am looking for a cab .
My question is that it has no cab and I was wondering what type one cab would look best on this tractor to keep the original look. I cant seem to find many pictures on the internet where there are cabs fitted to 175 tractors.

The cab fitted on that era MF in the factory would have been the Duple? Fibreglass cab . You will find a transport box of rocking horse shite easier than one of those . Used to see an early 135 fitted with 1 of them near Delaneys of Ballaghmore, near Borris In Ossory Co Laois , but he has a 100/90 this 10 0r 15 years .
Lambourn weather cabs would have a popular aftermarket fitment .
A Duncan safety cab , as used on later 100 series MFs should look well .

Hi All.

If you have young ones that will be driving it in due course it might be worth foregoing originality for a decent and safe cab like C&G But not cheap.
I say this because if you can’t find an original cab, which will be nigh on impossible, the temptation is to go without a cab as that is closer to Looking original than The likes of a C&G cab, but not as safe.
I went the latter route and Somewhat regret it but have other stuff they can drive with cabs. I will put a roll bar on it though.

Hi Guys.
Thanks for all your quick relies. I live here in north Cork in Ireland where we have fairly hilly country. The duple cab isn't a safety cab as far as i'm aware, so I will probably steer clear of that.
As PTK44 said, I have young ones who may be driving it in the future so I suppose a more modern safety cab is the way to go. It has a roll bar fitted at present. I will keep an eye out. The C&G cab looks to be the most spacious of all cabs in the event Ihad a small passenger up with me?

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/tractor-cab/24343469

ODZlMmY3Yjg4ZDQ3ODdlZGNmZjlmYWNmMzNjYzFhODSXqcaGfmrcEmuzBtMFKIQNaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDMwNTg0NTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

...............................................................................................................................

I'd much rather a C&G but depends on the price!!

I'd also second a Duncan cab too. What about the Flexi cab, was that ever offered as a retrofit for the 175?:scratchhead:
The flexi cab wouldnt be an option the problem being fitting the front legs , the later 178s were the first ones with the 4 stud holes either side of the clutch housing . Its just me but I think of the newer cabs the square wings on the C & G look a mile better.

Hi Everyone.
I'm no ace so here's a stupid question.Are all the cabs the same length or are some shorter than others to incorporate the spacers in the gearbox. I have seen a few cabs on line for sale on the tractor they were being removed from and i'm not sure if they will fit. Do all cabs have the have the attachment points in the same place?.
As far as i,m aware my tractor would be considered a short wheel base.

Would this fellow fit. i know it needs a bit of work. Its on donedeal not a hundred miles from.

I wouldn't know if that cab would fit, but, if you're in the southwest somewhere, Anthony Walsh' garage in Brosna might be worth a shout to see if they had something suitable?
There's a lad between Castleisland and Tralee on the left hand side of the road always at Massey's too, I think he exports them?

Im not too far away from either of them. I think that they're both closed, definitely the one between Castlisland and Tralee. I hoping to have an idea of what I was looking for before going to these places. not to look so green on the subject.

Im not too far away from either of them. I think that they're both closed, definitely the one between Castlisland and Tralee. I hoping to have an idea of what I was looking for before going to these places. not to look so green on the subject.

Oh right, that's a pity, Walsh's used to refurbish alot of Massey's. I suppose if you knew of a 188 that you could throw a tape on to see if the mountings were further apart than your own, it'd give you some guidance?

Thanks Blizzard. A guy up the road from actually has a a 188 with a Duncan cab. I must give a call to him. Thanks for suggestion. I didnt think
of that.

A 100 series '8' cab wont fit a '5' afaik, because of the spacer
I think the 200 series had the spacer too, so will also be more suited to an 8 as well

Hi mike.
Would the above cab (fitted on 165) be a suitable fit for my tractor do you think

Will give him a buzz on Monday. I have done a bit more research and I think that Walshes tractors is indeed still open. I will try them also on Monday. Thanks for the look out Blizzard

That is Sean keane in Ballyheigue, worth a call, sold plenty of S/H cabs in his time, but not doing as much nowadays.

Back