What are you up to in the workshop?

Lawnmower steering had gotten very stiff, ended up stripping teeth off the steering gear.

Took it out, applied some heat, drilled it and put a grease nipple where there should really always have been one and then rebuilt the teeth with the mig and grinder.

Steering like a city car now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-224349_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-224349_Photos.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20200702-224331_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-224331_Photos.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 86
Made a start on the escaping axle problem on next doors matbro, took a while to track down some new pivot bushes as the plastic ones got mangled in the process.
IMG_2026.JPG
The front cross member got twisted as the axle rotated so rather than trying to straighten the cross member of which there was no hope really decided to cut the top half of the carrier out and re-weld it back in upright......................
IMG_2029.JPG
It all starts to go wrong with the rear cross member, its way too thin where it passes under the torque converter. Once it cracks all the load is on the bolts, then one of those has enough and it all starts to get very very messy!!:tdown:
IMG_2030.JPG

Tracking the Ford 6410 after replacing track rod ends and spindles and bushes, anyone know what the toe in should be, it's a 2wd?

Looks good, what will you use it for?

Thanks,

It used to be used for pit silage here but we use it for 8x4x3 bales now, it grabs two of them nicely.

The bottom box iron that holds the tines was replaced some years ago when it wore through underneath.

No, I wouldn’t know what to do with the money if I got into cows. It could lead me astray.

Fast women & slow horses.
Ha, ha For most of us the tillage is a labour of love. We just do it to supply enough grain that the lads with animals can say they are native grain fed. It’s a vocation really.
We don’t grow cereals for the money at all.
Nice job on the grab btw.

Sure I've seen black grabs with red rams somewhere, thought it looked ok tbh.
I know. Would you believe that I stood for about ten minutes thinking about doing them in red. I even had red paint in the gun as I was spraying the press frame but I felt the red rams would just look “too much” so I went with green.

I know. Would you believe that I stood for about ten minutes thinking about doing them in red. I even had red paint in the gun as I was spraying the press frame but I felt the red rams would just look “too much” so I went with green.
Tines should be red.

So you couldn't pull the trigger...........................:no:

Its funny how the right or wrong colour in a certain place can alter the look of something, there's a couple of guys not far from here with a fendt 712 and when they bought it they painted the roof green but left the front bit where the work lights are white!! Looks really odd now somehow, think they got fed up in the start of people asking why they'd done it.

So you couldn't pull the trigger...........................:no:

Its funny how the right or wrong colour in a certain place can alter the look of something, there's a couple of guys not far from here with a fendt 712 and when they bought it they painted the roof green but left the front bit where the work lights are white!! Looks really odd now somehow, think they got fed up in the start of people asking why they'd done it.

No, I restrained myself.

It’s all about personal taste. I’m a fussy enough character. Even the wrong looking handle on the tractor toolbox would have bothered me. It had to be stainless of a certain diameter, rounded at the ends. It had to look & feel right.

When I see those LED light bars on machine cabs, I have to look away as I don’t like their general appearance.
I’m sure they are a super light to brighten the work area.

Most people don’t think or care about these kind of things, they’re probably better off too.

Back