Volvo Lseries loaders

marco

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in these loaders and a few members own one so I said I'd start a thread.

For farm work is there much difference between the l50 and l70?

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in these loaders and a few members own one so I said I'd start a thread.

Big difference in a L50 and a L70,70’s are huge in comparison.

L60 in between,is sort of a halfway model.:lol:

Early L50S were torque converter later versions were hydrostatic,50 means 5t straight lift same with other models.

Always told to avoid the newer ones with ad-blu but there’s a few about with it turned off,personally I’d say the D’s were the best,the pre error code era.

I don’t know much about the L70 but we have a L30 and a L50 both about the same age. There’s a huge difference between the two. For heavy work like loading grain, earth, or taking dung out of a cattle shed the L50 would have at least twice the output of the L30. The L30 is fine feeding cattle, loading straw and the like but not for heavy work.

Big difference in a L50 and a L70,70’s are huge in comparison.

L60 in between,is sort of a halfway model.:lol:

Early L50S were torque converter later versions were hydrostatic,50 means 5t straight lift same with other models.

Always told to avoid the newer ones with ad-blu but there’s a few about with it turned off,personally I’d say the D’s were the best,the pre error code era.
Are the 60s a new enough arrival? I was thinking about an l70. Lots around with big hours so you would think that a low hours one would last a long time. It's not that much wider than our 3cx. And the price of newish teleporters is mad.

What about one of these . There’s one after arriving on a farm locally now it won’t be over worked with them .
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23050556
KAT Farm Loaders For Sale In Clare
Are the 60s a new enough arrival? I was thinking about an l70. Lots around with big hours so you would think that a low hours one would last a long time. It's not that much wider than our 3cx. And the price of newish teleporters is mad.

Recycling place up the road bought a new Hitachi loader 40K cheaper than an equivalent Volvo.He said he knows it is not a Volvo but he cannot worry about what it is worth in ten years time .

Feeding silage, loading fert, pushing big trees out of the way:lol: grain, gravel, moving heaps of soil. Bales. Dung. Probably on industrial tyres. Could be used as back up for a 320s at silage. We're the hydro on the 50s bothersome?

Feeding silage, loading fert, pushing big trees out of the way:lol: grain, gravel, moving heaps of soil. Bales. Dung. Probably on industrial tyres. Could be used as back up for a 320s at silage. We're the hydro on the 50s bothersome?
Mine is a hydro its fine but it wouldnt like to push silage with it weak in high on the road spin the wheels in low the first of the 50s were torque and hydro after that.
It's the perfect size for me but if I wanted it to go on a pit I'd buy an L70 but an L70 would be awkward around a yard in winter I'd say

We've an L70c it used to push up all our grass but went too a tractor and buckrake for pushing in, shovel rolls and levels the top. Still a beast for loading grain and feed.

60s started in 2003,similar size to a 70 but lighter,they’d have a better power to weight ratio so better on a clamp.

I enquired about this a couple of weeks ago.

https://used.cctrading.ie/cathalcog...70f/08bef316-3e81-4546-a47a-667c9eb1f809.html

He wants €59k for it with industrial wheels on it.:speechless:

For farm work a 50 is ideal. Know two farmers with a 50d and a 50e. Both hydrostatic. Loaded dung with both of them. Really nice machines. The man who puts up thr silage has a 60e and now a 60f. They are really a completely different loader. 60 are big machines around a tight yard in the winter.

Engine oil level rising changed diaphragm in lift pump ,still rising changed lift pump altogether same . No water in oil . Could I be loosing hydraulic oil into the sump trough the brake pressure pump above the injector pump?

L45's have the prop shaft to the front axle underneath the machine and it's asking to be bent or damaged in some way from driving over something or just simply sinking and hitting something. A stupid design if ever I saw one. I'm not sure what way the newer L50's are done.

L45's have the prop shaft to the front axle underneath the machine and it's asking to be bent or damaged in some way from driving over something or just simply sinking and hitting something. A stupid design if ever I saw one. I'm not sure what way the newer L50's are done.
Any articulated loaders I have seen would have a drive going up the middle of them. Even our own one here has one. We have never had a issue

Engine oil level rising changed diaphragm in lift pump ,still rising changed lift pump altogether same . No water in oil . Could I be loosing hydraulic oil into the sump trough the brake pressure pump above the injector pump?
What about the injector pump?

Any articulated loaders I have seen would have a drive going up the middle of them. Even our own one here has one. We have never had a issue
Aye most normal loaders have the drive up the middle where it's protected including the old L series Volvo's. As in @Danielk pictures above I don't know what eejit thought it was a good idea to stick the drive underneath completely exposed and unprotected.

Anyone know where I could get original headlights for an L30? O’Donnells can’t get them anymore, and I don’t want something that looks non original.

Anyone know where I could get original headlights for an L30? O’Donnells can’t get them anymore, and I don’t want something that looks non original.
I get you now Christ that is a awful way to do it. Usually they have them in between the pivot points

Back