Farm succession

I didnt hear any thing about any farm plan anyway.
Are you the youngest in the family ?
I am in the middle here,there is 3 married and sorted and 2 left .
If you are availing of stamp duty relief it has to be completed. Ya I am the youngest my sister's are married and settled

I didnt hear any thing about any farm plan anyway.
Are you the youngest in the family ?
I am in the middle here,there is 3 married and sorted and 2 left .did your father give them sites or something along them lines ?

This new government wont be long doing away with the reliefs that are in place for transferring farms/land I would say ..

Hard to know - I would imagine the message from Brussels is to try to get the land transferred to the next generation, so they might be slow to do anything that would scupper the transfer of land.

This new government wont be long doing away with the reliefs that are in place for transferring farms/land I would say ..
New or young farmers generally go hell for leather spending money for the first 15-20 years then go into cruise control. It's definitely in the government's interest to keep land transferred

How long did it take you to fill it all in ? And once it's full do you have to give teagasc money to sign off on it ?

How long did it take you to fill it all in ? And once it's full do you have to give teagasc money to sign off on it ?

In my case, three hours max. And yes, you have to submit it to the education department in Teagasc and the fee is 180 euro.

Was a hr or more with my farm advisor and Def that again plus more filling out the other crap my self. Didn't know i have to give them 180e aswell,. That's just after starting my Monday off bad now.

Was a hr or more with my farm advisor and Def that again plus more filling out the other crap my self. Didn't know i have to give them 180e aswell,. That's just after starting my Monday off bad now.

I'm sorry for breaking the bad news gently to you...

But its 1% of a much larger amount, I was advised to not apply for young trained farmer and instead apply for consanguinity relief as it offers greater savings. Would have to look into my notes

This makes no sense. If you inherit land worth 100k and avail of consanguinity relief you pay 1k euro stamp duty, if you avail of stamp duty relief you pay 0 euro of stamp duty There is no way that you save availing of consan relief over young farmer stamp duty relief.

you were sold a pup if you paid 1% rather than 0%.

If you are availing of stamp duty relief it has to be completed. Ya I am the youngest my sister's are married and settled

Strange, I availed of stamp duty relief at the end of last year and heard nothing about a plan. The only mention off the relief in all my dealings was a form I was handed to sign by my solicitor.

it was for buying land rather than succession though if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
This makes no sense. If you inherit land worth 100k and avail of consanguinity relief you pay 1k euro stamp duty, if you avail of stamp duty relief you pay 0 euro of stamp duty There is no way that you save availing of consan relief over young farmer stamp duty relief.

you were sold a pup if you paid 1% rather than 0%.

Strange, I availed of stamp duty relief at the end of last year and heard nothing about a plan. The only mention off the relief in all my dealings was a form I was handed to sign by my solicitor.

it was for buying land rather than succession though if that makes a difference.
The bs business plan came in in the Budget for 2020. Lefties think they can stimulate the economy by creating work for state agencies.

They received my farm plan. 180 e please and I will send you a cert saying completed. Money for jam.

Back